Sign in to follow this  
pcpilot

Video card comparison question

I was thinking about upgrading my comp. I wanted to get a mobo that would run socket 939 athlon 64 X2 and PCIe video. So I found what I want. Now I was wondering if anyone can offer some insight into a decent video card for it under a $100. I was looking at the EVGA GeForce 7300 GT w/ 512MB DDR2. How does this card stack up against, say, a Radeon X1600 Pro?

Is there a such thing as a video card comparison website?

There's plenty of comparisons out there. Of course, in the under $100 range you only get competence, not performance, so it's harder to really judge them.

Thanks guys for the replies. That site you linked Fates was just what I was hoping was out there. I think Im settleing on a XFX 7600 GT with 256MB. It blows away a Radeon X1600 which somewhat surprised me. The XFX card seems like a good compromise at $130.

Glad I could help.

Thanks guys for the replies. That site you linked Fates was just what I was hoping was out there. I think Im settleing on a XFX 7600 GT with 256MB. It blows away a Radeon X1600 which somewhat surprised me. The XFX card seems like a good compromise at $130.

Hey, PC Pilot I got a EVGA 7600 GTS 250 Mb DDR2

I can sell it to you if you need it.

I only open the box just to see if I got everything in there.

I brought it 5 months ago and I went for the

x1950 pro 512mb DDR4 which I got two of them.

So I don't need it.

Still under warranty

Edited by gerald14