Sign in to follow this  
peter01

New Alternative FMs for Borts Late 1916 Models

Completely new alternative FMs for Borts great looking late 1916 planes. I used his versions available in mid April - I don't think they have changed. FMs available here at CA when approved.

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autom...amp;showcat=213

Thanks to Bortdafarm for the great models, his permission to do new FMs, and his encouragement.

Pack includes Albatros D.I, Halberstadt D.II, Halberstadt D.III and Fokker D.IIIL. All new FMs, redid previous versions of Halbs and FokkerD.IIIL, very much improved. And the Alb D.I FM is again better than D.IIs recently posted (will redo, think I built a Alb DIII for these :smile: ). Best in Hard FM, works in Normal.

If you fly the SpadVII, Nieuport 17 or Nieuport 11 against an Ace/Veteran AI in any of these, you will have a long tough dogfight, with the result going either way (not kidding). Also if you fly these say against the SpadVII, similar situation - more on SpadVII below.

Why?... Well these took lots and lots and lots of work, and I'd like to explain.

I'm after FMs that are consistent with others in terms of relative capability/performance especially with these against planes such as N17 and Spad7 (of course some are much better than others as you'd expect). Most importantly a "balanced" player/AI aircraft - that is, the AI flies the plane nearly as well as the player, at least in Hard FM. And to eliminate annoying AI behavior (tight circling, looping, stalling, getting "stuck" at 0 mph, going to ground quickly etc etc).

This made it a lots of work (especially Albatros!!! jeeees), but think pretty well achieved.

Re Spad7, its not only fun to fly (a personal favourite), but is also one of the more "balanced" planes as well in the game. I used this for testing, after changing the the default AI stall speed from 20.74 to 14.74 - works a treat, and becomes a better AI (BTW this doesn't usually work, but the Spad7 FM is very good). Also if you make a copy and rename to say a 150HP version (the one available in reality first), then reduce power from SLPowerDry=130497.5 to SLPowerDry=111855.0 you get two great planes to fly, two great AI.

Edited by peter01

MANY MANY thanks ! Great job once again Peter01, just rolled outta bed and DLing them now to give them some flight time. Thank you and Bort for all the hard work.

Nice work Peter. Just did a couple of missions against the Alb DI in the Pup. The DI's had about a 2-1 numerical advantage (8-4). First encounter I lasted all of 30 seconds the rest of the 4 plane flight faired not much better. Refly, really watching my six this time :blink: , I managed one kill and two force downs before I had to land after I got my left horizontal stab shot off and ran out of ammo. Friendly AI got a kill and the enemy downed two Pups. Archie accounted for a couple more Albs. Great fun! :good:

:crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

Man I love all these new toys but trying to finish the plane fest 5.0 is getting wild as new planes and FMs keep popping out.... Keep it up I didnt have many marbles left up stairs anyways. :rofl:

Peter, the SPAD VII you speak of is the A-team aircraft I assume?

There is that other version of the stock 3rdWire SPAD XIII with reduced power.

Thanks for the great work! :victory: BUT (he asks tongue-in-cheek) are you ever going to be satisfied with one of your FM's???

THX for this FM files!

Please rewrite FM for Hinchibroke zep L63. Zep maneuvring like fighter and kill zep by 2 bullets- :sorry:

THX anyone HerGr

:lol: Bandy, as the Fokker D3L is up to V6.0, I'd say its a good bet that there may be more for some... :biggrin:

HerGr, its a good idea about Zep, and Hinch I think is okay with that, but not anytime soon, doing to many others at moment.