Sign in to follow this  
Dagger

New Star wars game

check this out...might be interesting.Star Wars new game ok so this looks to be console only..BUT I will e-mail Lucas Art and ask.

Yeah, if we're lucky it will get ported over to PC later. If not, I may just finally get a console to play it. :wink:

More info here:

http://www.twitchguru.com/2007/05/30/inside_star_wars/

Looks like this is kind of final:

The bad news is that the game will not be available for the PC anytime soon. Currently, The Force Unleashed is scheduled for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, with third party ports for the PlayStation 2, PlayStation Portable and Nintendo DS. So why no PC version? During a press conference following the presentation, Blackman said that LucasArts wanted the game to have as wide an audience as possible but that the hardware requirements for a PC version would simply be too high. "Part of this is because of the hardware constraints," he said, adding that he didn't know the specifications off the top of his head but that the LucasArts team ultimately decided they were too high for a wide audience on the PC.

Ok, the PS2, DS, and PSP, but not the PC?!? I don't understand that.

If and when they do decide to introduce this game for the PC, I really hope they don't do a god awful port job that was done for Splinter Cell:Double Agent. To make matter's worse UBISOFT dose'nt seem to give a rat's a** about supporting it further :fuk: I'm willing to wait so long as the product's good. Hopefully, Lucas won't go completely console.

Yeah, I'm playing SC:DA on my PC now, and the graphics bugs are majorly annoying.

what is the deal with House Lucas lately? I mean werent they the Day of the Tentacle and Full Throttle guys? Now what?

are they just still reeling from Force Commander? No excuse! I mean Full Throttle was awesome, what happened?

I know, dont go down that road...look at all the game companies that are gone...kind of like the American aerospace industry...wait a minute!

They've had some changes in leadership and apparently none for the better. I admit they'd put out some crappy SW games, but there were also some good ones. Now the only ones other than EAW were the Lego ones and the SWB: Renegade Squadron that I just got for my PSP. I don't know WHY they didn't make that for PC...unless it's like I said before that they're getting around PC piracy this way.

Its sad though...I mean to watch so many titles go console only or console first, then port to PC (which may even be worse)...well when that circle is complete, count me out of games...I have a PS2 that I bought to be a DVD player and then after trying several games, just dont like it

Living in Japan, of course we have PS3 everywhere and its not as cool as a ramped up PC to me...oh and the ability to tweak things

I know, preaching to the choir