Sign in to follow this  
Guest Magellanic

Greetings From The Final Frontier Podcast

Guest Magellanic

Hello!

I represent a team of podcasters from a fairly new show called The Final Frontier (TFF). The show was originally a segment on a Star Trek-only podcast called Argus Array, but we broke away and formed our own standalone podcast just a few months ago. Since then, we have released a handful of episodes covering a wide range of topics, the most general being about Science, Scifi, and the biggest of the three: Gaming in general.

I was referred to these forums by two members: Ilithi and Accurus. For those of you that ever visit the Star Trek Legacy section in here, you would have probably seen a thread about an interview being done with The Legendary Generations (TLG). Well, that interview was done by us, and we had a great time doing it!

• *Edit*
    And it appears a fellow Star Trek fan and GREAT friend of ours, Acidrain, has posted an announcement about our latest episode!

Anyway, because we cover more than just Star Trek gaming, it might be more appropriate to post a notice in here. TFF is very open to suggestions, proposals, ideas, and submissions. However, since we have only just begun to get our foot in the door, a place like this 

would give us a great opportunity to expand our programming. I should point out that we're very loose with what we accept on the show. Considering how broadly-topical we are, this is a given! So basically, almost anything goes.

If there's any game-related news that anyone would like to get as much publicity about as possible, then this might be a great way to do it! We (as a team) have established ourselves on many forums around the net, so we can reach a very diverse audience. Obviously, we can't please everyone, but we will still do our best to cover as much as we can, as often as we can.

You can email us your comments/questions/complaints/rants at our current email address:

• final.frontier.podcast@gmail.com

Our current website is located here:

http://www.startrek-gamers.com/tff

Once again, we would be happy to do a segment, or two, or three....on any one of the games here. While I personally have not played all of the ones here, we will happily invite anyone onto the show if they have something to say about the games!

For those of you who are interested, we have just released our 10th episode TODAY. You can find the announcement page here:

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=19962

...or you can listen to the episode right here: 

http://www.startrek-gamers.com/tff/TFF10.mp3

Lastly, we ask you to please keep in mind that this is a work-in-progress. Every episode we put helps smooth out the bumps, but since we've only done 3 or 4 solo episodes, we've still got some work ahead....okay, we've still got a LOT of work ahead.

Regardless, thanks for reading. And we hope we'll see more of CombatACE in the future!

-Magellanic, co-host of The Final Frontier

Edited by Magellanic

Magellanic,

Great to see you and welcome to Combatace.

We SF gamers are a niche within the niche of PC gaming. Represent!! :grin:

Guest Magellanic
We SF gamers are a niche within the niche of PC gaming. Represent!! :grin:
That's so true too :P

But actually, the reason why I was so excited when CombatACE allowed us to post here is because we're about much more than just Scifi gaming :D There's a big and diverse community here, and we'd love to expand our programming to include games that aren't just Scifi. In fact, as soon as one of our hosts return, he'll do his own review on Forza Motorsport 2. You get my drift....

And actually, our current problem is...entertainment :P So far all we've done is interviews, solo segments, and discussions....but we're looking for more than that. Games? Reports? And most importantly...humor. Humor is always good. We love humor o.O

Anyway, thanks for the welcome :)

Guest Magellanic

I should also add (again) that we are 110% welcoming of user submissions. If you have requests, or if you want to send in your own segment on gaming news or science news or science fiction news/reviews, then by god send it in! The more we have, the merrier, because then it means we can release more episodes quicker :biggrin: