Sign in to follow this  
ext

Help from the Navy Guys!

What about the A-5 or the older A-3? They were pretty huge.

and the viggie would put a hell of a show at night burners kicking in,come to think of it it did same thing in daylight...

It's really disappointing. I want to be a pilot and fly all of the aircraft they have already phased out, not some high-tech gadget like a JSF.

An A-6 or better yet, an A-7 pilot would be great. Anything I can drop bombs on Gomer with, and the strafing option is an added plus.

I agree with you, Scout.

The Tomcat certainly has had a proud career, and isn't over yet. I was somewhat surprised that the Intruder was retired when it was. Always felt it should have been retained in service. It sure could carry a load of bombs, eh? The bombmeister...hehehehe.

I have often wondered if any of the F-4s or A-6s are owned by private individuals now. I know that A-4 Skyhawks are popular, but perhaps the Phantoms and Intruders are too expensive to maintain.

Chief

And the first time you rolled in through the flack and SAMs you would wish you had Stealth and JDAMs too. :wink:

Seriously though there is something about the old jets that just feels cool. It's kind of like older cars. If you had a choice between a 2004 Mustang and a 1969 Mach1 Fastback which one would you choose.lol It's a no brainer for me. :D

I tend to like both eras for different reasons pure muscle vs technology, they are both interesting to me.

It's really disappointing. I want to be a pilot and fly all of the aircraft they have already phased out, not some high-tech gadget like a JSF.

An A-6 or better yet, an A-7 pilot would be great. Anything I can drop bombs on Gomer with, and the strafing option is an added plus.

[Always felt it should have been retained in service. It sure could carry a load of bombs, eh? The bombmeister...hehehehe. ]

oh yeah,hell yeah,the mini b-52..lets see 5 mers,6 on each one..two squadrons on the deck pointing towards the pointy end of the boat,yep hell of a sight...fun to load too..

I have often wondered if any of the F-4s or A-6s are owned by private individuals now. I know that A-4 Skyhawks are popular, but perhaps the Phantoms and Intruders are too expensive to maintain

there is a f-4 civilian owned,usually flown by brig gen steve ritchie,yep the one from nan,the air force ace..and yes the question I guess is still being talked about,is the pilot the ace or the rio?...