Sign in to follow this  
Seawolf

Saitek X45 question regarding FB

I decided to load up my X45 while I get some mods done to my Cougar and I also have a Nostromo gamepad hooked up as well. With the cougar hooked up along with the gamepad my Cougar would always stay in the priority slot in XP above the gamepad. Now the gamepad has taken the top slot and put the X45 at second and FB wont recognize the X45 unless I unplug the gamepad completely. I have tried to assign the X45 as priority in XP and it does show it as the primary controller, but FB will only recognize it with the gamepad disconnected. I typically use the gamepad for some command functions in my sims and while everything works fine for FS2002, CFS3, etc FB wont let me assign which controller to use so I can tell it to use the X45 and not the gamepad. Is there anyway I can tell FB to see the X45 first as primary and the gamepad as secondary??

It's not a huge deal since FB works fine with my X45 as long as the gamepad is unplugged, but I would like to use it if I could.

Thanks

So FB won't let you reassign any of the axis's from the gamepad to the stick?

Hmm, you might try playing in Il-2 Config, or the actual configuration file. Other than that, I'd say just use the stick.

Do you have the very latest drivers from Saitek? They just released new ones, might try 'em out.

Yeah, the first thing I did was check the saitek site for new drivers so Im pretty sure I have the current version. I looked through the FB folder in the setup config files but the only thing I could find was axis ranges, but no line to assign a specific controller. Right now I just have to reach over and unplug the gamepad, but I always forget to plug it back in when I go to play BF1942 or something. lol :D

Any way you could install USB ports on the front of your PC? Make it a bit easier to switch.

Yeah, BF1942 doesnt see this X45 at all now so Im gonna have to figure out why WinXP wants to put the gamepad at the top of the list and not the X45.