Sign in to follow this  
KingAlbert

campaign startdate vs squadron startdate

Again a question about campaigns :search:

we can set the startdate for a campaign and a startdate for a squadron (ie campaign starts on 01/01/2008, squadron x starts on 14/1/2008). My question: if I select squadron X which is supposed to start 2 weeks into the campaign, will the game simulate the ground movements made during those two weeks?

I have this idea of creating a long campaign (ie 120 days) but allowing several squadron each with a different startdate and limited mission numbers (ie 30). This to simulate the rotation of squadrons in and out of the combat zone.

KA out

Well nothing beats old hand testing it yourself :biggrin:

I just checked the maps and compared the frontline between two different squadron startdates, the game does simulate the movements. Now I can have a long campaign (120 days) with squadrons rotating in and out (each squadron being limited to 30 missions)

Thanks for the insight, KA! A few questions:

In which theatre is your campaign? I don't see any max mission entry for individual squadrons, only in the [CampaignData], this in WOE campaigns.

You have any idea of the how these deviation values work?

NormalMissionRate=1

NormalMissionRateDeviation=3

OffensiveMissionRate=1

OffensiveMissionRateDeviation=2

I always end up with one mission a day, and would like a missions to vary a bit more, with a variable number of skipped days.

NormalMissionRate=1

OffensiveMissionRate=1

I always end up with one mission a day, and would like a missions to vary a bit more, with a variable number of skipped days.

Short answer: That's because you have set both MissionRate numbers to '1'.

I guess it's true what they say, the knowledge base has an answer for almost every question. :wink:

You should take a look a bunyap's page:

Link: http://bunyap2w1.com/camptut2.htm

Edited by Gocad

Short answer: That's because you have set both MissionRate numbers to '1'.

I guess it's true what they say, the knowledge base has an answer for almost every question. :wink:

You should take a look a bunyap's page:

Link: http://bunyap2w1.com/camptut2.htm

Joke's on you Gocad, I already knew Bunyap's guide says the following:

"NormalMissionRateDeviation=120 - Not sure. I think it randomizes the number of days between missions."

So that's not much help. And apparently the "knowledge base" does not answer all questions.

I asked KA if he knows HOW the deviation value affects campaign, given the fact it is obvious he's been digging and experimenting with the campaign files. And while you seem to think it obvious, and I the fool for asking since I have the mission rate set to 1 per day, do you think it possible the deviation rate might just modify mission rate? An informative answer would be appreciated if you understand how it works.

Thanks for the insight, KA! A few questions:

In which theatre is your campaign? I don't see any max mission entry for individual squadrons, only in the [CampaignData], this in WOE campaigns.

NormalMissionRate=1

OffensiveMissionRate=1

As Gocad said, its always good to check the knowledge base, anyhow its my guess that like bunyap suggests the normalmissionratedeviation creates a random time-interval between two missions.

But to be sure you should test a campaign first with deviation set to 1 and then to 120. Personally I set the deviation to 1 so that you fly every day a mission. I don't think that pilot get two weeks off in the middle of a war :biggrin: