Sign in to follow this  
frontmann

How to make planes visible at a longer range

Hi all!

I'm trying to make planes visible at a longer range, kinda the small dot that lets you notice an incoming plane in il2, you know? i don't like having the enemy bracketed by a red square, it's unrealistic!

Maybe someone already found the solution?

No modder interested on the incredible SR-71? it'd be a great addition, but as i'm moving my first steps

in the world of modding i can't yet even think to do it by myself.

Thanks and cheers!

Hey ya Frontmann

Yes you can loose the brackets :smile:

padlocknobrackets.jpg

Just look in the First hread in the STicky's in this Forum

called Tweaks

all the INFO is in there

and the hud type , so when you padlock a groud unit or aircraft the type is so small that u cant read it , makes for some interesting encounters over the front

as in reality they watched for your own colour flak , giving away the HA's position and heading for that position

Hey ya Frontmann

Yes you can loose the brackets :smile:

padlocknobrackets.jpg

Just look in the First hread in the STicky's in this Forum

called Tweaks

all the INFO is in there

and the hud type , so when you padlock a groud unit or aircraft the type is so small that u cant read it , makes for some interesting encounters over the front

as in reality they watched for your own colour flak , giving away the HA's position and heading for that position

I must be a little dumb...i posted my topic on the wrong forum, i'm a WoV player! Thank you anyway Gambit! By the way, maybe i can do what you suggest also on WoV/WoE, or not?

Thanka Aganna (i'm italian)

yep im sure u can m8

Done! it works fairly well...i suggest this:

[Display001]

DisplayType=DIRECTOR

ObjectType=TARGET_ENEMY

ConeSize=25

BoxSize=1

BoxType=SQUARE

BoxColor=0.0,0.0,0.0,0.25 (to change the colour into a shadowy grey, it's almost realistic)

ConeModelName=redcone

Fubar answered too, if you're interested go and take a look at the same topic under WoV/WoE forum (i reposted it in the right place). Bye!