Sign in to follow this  
mangaroca

A few questions about Bf-109

Hi All,

Here they are:

- When being a leader (first to take off) which groups of planes are which when it comes to contacting them on the radio and giving orders? "Rotten something" (first one), "staffel" (second one and the following, depending on the number of groups participating) and "schwarm". I think there is one more left... :/ Please, explain which are fighters, which are bombers; what's the hierarchy; which is the main group, which is a secondary group; why there's no TACTICAL and NAVIGATION sub-menus in the first group ("rotten something"), etc...

- Say I am a leader of a 4-plane group (bf-109s). When and in what way I should contact my wingmen and give them orders? What should thoseorders be? What I mean is: what to say on the ground (to make them follow me and take-off), how to check where I should lead the group to (direction to target, should I give ,y wingmen an order to engage all targets at will just after take-off or only after an enemy is spotted, how to make them land, why aren't they reacting to me CHANGE FORMATION -> say, DIAMOND formation orders???

- Could somebody explain and present the way radiator and prop pitch should be used when flying the Bf-109? Does open radiator give more cooling to the engine but also bigger drag? Will taxiing with radiator closed cause engine overheating? And please, give the "by the book" manual prop pith and radiator settings for situations like:

* take off

* transit (300-450 km/h???)

* air combat (in general, unless there is a difference in settings when engaging a slower bomber and a more agile fighter)

* climbing

* descending

* chase

* landing

* taxiing

I just wonder how much you can squeeze out of the Bf-109 using manual (instead of auto) prop pitch and radiator management... ;>

Big thanks to anyone who will bother to answer my questions! :)

PS. Please, make sure all the data refer to BF-109!

well... the bf109 dosent have a radiator that has extend radiator flaps. So No Drag. I keep mine open. Take off and cruise. Then Close 6 mins into flight. Decending I keep it closed chase i keep it closed untill over heat... then open again.

As For transit I keep it open.

Edited by Hellzone

well... the bf109 dosent have a radiator that has extend radiator flaps. So No Drag.

Check again, it has radiator flaps that extend and bring DRAG. They are even animated, check the wing roots :wink:

Check again, it has radiator flaps that extend and bring DRAG. They are even animated, check the wing roots :wink:

AHH i will be damed, bravo :good: