Sign in to follow this  
Barkhorn1x

Anyone Using JonesSoftGeneric Mod Enabler?

Anyone using what I believe to be a MUST HAVE application for sims that are heavily modded?

This app is a file replacement program that automatically makes a back-up of the original files - if overwritten - and allows you to go from a heavily modded sim back to stock in minutes. It creats a "Mod" subfolder in the sim directory and all that is needed is for each mod to mirror the sub folder file structure and that's it.

Again, this is a must have for modders.

Link = http://www.users.on.net/~jscones/software/products.html

Yes I use it for Silent Hunter 4,couldn't live without it for that game it's very hard to mod.

With a new install of FE and then the expansion, I added the JonesSoft Mod Enabler. My first go was to changeout the main screen bmp.

After three tries, I did it manually.

I must be missing something.

With a new install of FE and then the expansion, I added the JonesSoft Mod Enabler. My first go was to changeout the main screen bmp.

After three tries, I did it manually.

I must be missing something.

Be sure you install the Jonsoft app to the WWI folder and you are emulating the exact file structure for the stuff you are modding in the MOD folder (that was created when you ran the app the 1st time). Here is an example of my folder/sub-folders set-up for Alb Dv/DVa skins in the MOD folder:

- SkinsAlbDVDVa

then Objects

then Aircraft

then AlbatrosD5 and AlbatrosD5a

then unzip all of the skin folders in to these two sub folders (renaming the DVa.BMP files to DV for the D5 folder)

Then you simply run Jonesoft - select the SkinsAlbDVDVa - hit the arrow to install - and done. To back out you just hit the back arrow and the app returns the sim to stock condition.

It is a bit of effort to set up but believe me when I tell you that it saves much time and heartache come updated mods or sim patches.

Well, it looks like I have overcome my initial bumbling (though I still DK what I did right this time that I did wrong the first threee times.) The Mainscreen Menu change worked so I'll keep at it.

Thanks for your help.