sinbad

HD-1 Franco Sarrocchi Dragon

File Name: HD-1 Franco Sarrocchi Dragon

File Submitter: sinbad

File Submitted: 4 Jan 2008

File Updated: 4 Jan 2008

File Category: WW1 Aircraft

Greetings:

This skin depicts an HD-1, SN 7501, flown by Capitano Franco Sarrocchi with 85a Sq at Piskupi, in Macedonia in mid 1918. This plane is one of several which were equipped with two guns, after Silvio Scaroni first demonstrated that this increased armament was possible. The colors of the Dragon, turtledeck banner, roundels and lower panels on the wings are as accurate as research permits. There was wide variation in the paints used by the Italians in the field to apply the national markings. Many used dark forest green and dark red while other units used brighter colors. Some even used a red, white, green sequence, rather than green, white red. The turtledeck banner represents the Bersaglieri unit to which Sarrocchi was assigned before his transfer to aviation.

The skin is based on several sources, including ecellent 3 views from and Eduard kit, and “Above the War Fronts,” by Norman Franks, Russel Guest and Gregory Alegi.

The model, the excellent template, the cockpit and detail parts in the layout were all done by EmlD. Without his outstanding work, patience and guidance, this skin would never have been possible.

This skin is the product of collaboration, but the paints and markings you see depicting this aircraft are entirely my responsibility, and my time machine is no longer operational. This is an interpretation, a well-grounded interpretation, but certainly a mix of accuracy and flaws.

Have fun with it. I’d appreciate any comments, especially with links to source material. If you have such info, please pass it along.

Just drop the folder in your HD-1_DUAL folder and select Franco Sarrocchi in the loadout screen.

There is no need to edit the ini.

Please no distribution or republication of any part of these files. There is a lot of unique detail that took a lot a time to research, compile and work into the skin. For that reason, these parts are not available for further use.

sinbad © 2007

EmlD © 2007

Click here to download this file

Edited by sinbad

Guest capun

I am getting a file error