Sign in to follow this  
sinbad

Renato Mazzucco HD-1 Camo

Renato Mazzucco HD-1 Camo

Greetings:

This skin depicts an HD-1, SN4386, flown with 81 Sq at Casoni, in mid 1918. I have assigned the plane to Capitano Renato Mazzucco, who was C.O. of the squadron during this time. Some sources suggest the plane was flown at Istrania in 1917 but the Squadron was flying N-17s at that time. The HD-1s arrived in February 1918. The four aces depicted on the plane show different suites on the port and starboard sides. The colors of the, roundels and the camo pattern are as accurate as research permits. There was wide variation in the paints used by the Italians in the field to apply the national markings. Many used dark forest green and dark red while other units used brighter colors. Some even used a red, white, green sequence, rather than green, white red. This aircraft used the roundels on the lower wings, rather than the full color panels used on most Italian aircraft of the period.

The skin is based on several sources, including a profile from wings.de.me, 3 views from an Eduard kit, and “Above the War Fronts,” by Norman Franks, Russel Guest and Gregory Alegi.

The model, the excellent template, the cockpit and detail parts in the layout were all done by EmlD. Without his outstanding work, patience and guidance, this skin would never have been possible.

This skin is the product of collaboration, but the paints and markings you see depicting this aircraft are entirely my responsibility, and my time machine is no longer operational. This is an interpretation, a well-grounded interpretation, but certainly a mix of accuracy and flaws.

Have fun with it. I’d appreciate any comments, especially with links to source material. If you have more accurate information regarding the ientity of the pilot, please pass it along.

Just drop the folder in your HD-1_ITA folder and select Renato Mazzucco in the loadout screen. IF you wish, you could also use this skin in the Dual gun folder, but only a few HD-1s were so equipped and this would not be historically correct.

There is no need to edit the ini.

Please no distribution or republication of any part of these files. There is a lot of unique detail that took a lot a time to research, compile and work into the skin. For that reason, these parts are not available for further use.

sinbad © 2007

EmlD © 2007