Sign in to follow this  
PAW

Co-op Aircraft Carrier Takeoff

I'm flying lockon v1.02 and need some help with the mission editor.

I took the quick mission for the Su-33 and edited it slightly in an attempt to get it working in co-op. I managed to get two aircraft in the air but when I try and get them BOTH to take off from the carrier, I start in the air whilst my friend starts on the deck.

This may have something to do with two flight groups not being able to take-off at the same time from the same ship. So... I think what if I can get both aircraft in the same flight group... When I have an AI aircraft in my group we both (AI and I) take off from the deck however, I can't for the life of me figure out how to get both client and player in the same flight group.

So... If anyone has any idea as to how to get both Player and Client in the same flight group that would be great. Otherwise, just getting two flight groups to both take off from the deck at the same time would also be nice.

It can't be done in 1.02. In FC both planes start on the right front "cat" area. One of us usually pulls off to the side and repositions in the left spot.

It can't be done in 1.02. In FC both planes start on the right front "cat" area. One of us usually pulls off to the side and repositions in the left spot.

Thankyou.

Is that a "Can't be done" for both questions? As in you can't get two NON AI aircraft in the same flight group either?

Seems a really odd thing for the sim to not include seeing as IL2 sturmovik was out before... or did the Pacific Fighters come out after lockon... hmmm.

Anway, cheers again.

Is that a "Can't be done" for both questions? As in you can't get two NON AI aircraft in the same flight group either?

That's correct, for both.

This is from the lo-mac community help forums

WhiskeyRomeo

Posted Tue January 08 2008 09:05

"Only one human player per group is permitted.

Try staggered joining. Have each player join the game, taxi his airplane off the launch ramp and into a safe position for the next player to join and do the same thing, and so on till all your players are in the game. Use voice comms or the in game text chat to coordinate activities.

Another work around for what you want to do is have your aircraft start on the deck. Have each of the other player's groups start in the air in close vicinity of carrier (light on fuel and in position for a rapid landing). All the players land on the deck, refuel and than launch together for your missions."

Cheers Whiskey

and thanks again ruggbutt

Edited by PAW