Sign in to follow this  
Canadair

Out of Africa V1.5

Out of Africa V1.5

Out of Africa 3 v1.5

Migs VS Migs nd SU and Yak in Air-Sea Environment

UPDATE.

I changed the su-27 with FC's SU-33. It is too great to be left out.

PLEASE follow carefully the mod instructions.

IT does work.

Loadouts and data.ini for the Su-33sim has been revised a little. I think there was the tailhook missing.

I chose Drdoyo's SovNavy_4 skin it blends perfectly with the new canards.

Campaing has been revised in order for both sides to NOT receive airplanes replace. You have to use what you get.

I also changed the friendly-nation with a fictional aslan nation. I needed it because of the pilottrainingstandars set to POOR. this nation entry is needed only for campaign purposes in oder to have mig VS mig and have the loadout shows. I actually don't even know if this is the correct procedure but it works.

This is the entry for nations.ini

[NationXX]

Name=Aslan

DisplayName=Kingdom of Aslan

Alignment=FRIENDLY

PlayerFlyable=TRUE

Mercenary=false

PilotNameList=NamesMercs.lst

RankList=RanksUSAF.lst

CallsignList=CallsignsUS.lst

Formation.Fighter=USFighter

Formation.Attack=USFighter

Formation.Bomber=USBomber

Formation.Transport=USBomber

Formation.Tank=USTank

Formation.MobileAD=USAD

PilotTrainingStandard=POOR

GenderRatio=0

DebriefSuccessMusic=DebriefSuccess.wav

DebriefFailMusic=DebriefFail.wav

DebriefKilledMusic=DebriefKilled.wav

SpeechFile=USAFSpeech.cat

SpeechTextFile=USAFSpeechText.str

KNOWN ISSUES and NEEDED EXPERIMENTS -revised-

the campaign needs polishing; basescreens, a better read me, squadron.txt, etc etc;

IF SOMEONE FEELS LIKE DOING THEM AND RECONTACTING ME THAT WOULD BE GREAT.

REALLY REALLY great

There is room for more little campaigns in the future middle age. And I would like to create some atmosphere.

I ve set the weapon resuppy at day 1; so that you will have immediately all the soviet weapons, AA and AG.

PLEASE experiment with various AA and AG weapons especially missiles, since I am less than happy with probabilities of kill of even advanced weapons such as R-77 and Kh-29T missiles.

I modified my weapondata according threads on combatace, and tuned down mig-23mld internal ECM strenght from 15 to 5. Those changes are NOT included in the campaign files I am providing, but please experiment.

With this changed thoguh the whole air to air war is a little more realistic according to me. I have now a 40-50% hits with AA missiles.

And it is challenging. FUEL IS an issue. You aìhave to decide wheter engage and pursue, but will you make it back to the carrier?

Anyway as it is the campaign is fun to play. I changed also all the cockpits of SOVIET planes to the one of the su-27.

IMPORTANT NOTE

In order to have working anti-ship missions you need to have the some ships labeled as generic and cargo_ship in their data ini.

Every Ship so labeled will be thrown randomly in the shipping lanes; for the campaign I suggest you have the tanker and cargo ship and the yavuz frigate only

IMPORTANT NOTE number two

make sure that in your weaponpack ALL the weapon listed in loadouts are available for the year 2004; other than that don't touch provided datas and loadouts, everything should go well

thirdnote

The tu-16G is optional; it is nice to experiment with. Sometimes in antiship mission you get tasked antiship and they will cover you with long range ARMS such as KSR-11

Would be nice to have them go on anti-ship mission, but I have not seen yet AI-assigned anti-ship missions

STORYLINE

In a parallel universe, in 2004 things, went worse than in ours. World reduced to famine. Corruption, decay, starvation for food and energy. A new technological middle age.

And in middle age there are mercenaries.

In this story, ex-soviet union mercenaries

The fleet of the former Soviet might navy, led by Carrier Gorshokov.

The business is easy. Mtumba, leader, warlord of poor african state, is at war with Dictator of Madagascar Gorondi who is supplying his rebels. Both of them are evil and bloody dictators, but Mtumba pays well.

Ships sail to the shore of africa from madagascar. They must be stopped, and this is the bussiness.

Gorshokov task force, with two old kynda cruisers, and refueller takes place at Rasputin station.

On board, Su-33s and Mig-29OVT modified for naval and multirole operations, and Yak41.

They will hit the shipping lanes and, possibly madagascar airports and comm buildings.

Gorondo has good weapons himself. Mig-29A and Mig23MLD to patrol the skies and perhaps attack the carrier herself.

War at sea begins. A little meaningless fight in the future middleage.

I hate writing readmes

You need:

Out of africa 3 campaign

Mig-29OVT

Su-27 (with su-33 Fast cargo mods)

Mig-29A

Mig-23MLD

yak41

Tu-16G (optional)

Ships

lybian koni

kynda

gorshokov carrier

OsaII class.

Yavuz

Madagascar(AE) terrain

All downloads are at combatace.

I have provided no skin, and the name of the squadrons are only practical, anyway skins pointed at in the inis can be found on combatace as well.

Installation.

Install AE terrain, backup originals ini.files

Install su-33 from Fastcargo.

install the inis provided in campaign package in AE folder. Overwrite

Install data.inis and loadouts provided for each and every aircraft. Overwrite

Install the ships.

Install campaign folder (AE3)

Test everything and complain at the designer, try again and write an email for complain etc etc, you knw the drill...

CREDITs

I HAVEN't done anything but the files in the package, everything else belong to respective designers, too many to list. Thank you and if you don't like seeing your work modified and around contact me and I'll retire the campaigns. But please have mercy.

Please this is freeware, redistibute and have fun, but rememeber that little to nothign here is mine s you have to contact respective designers.

instead for campaign design issue it is just my fault, I can be found at comabtace, and at pintogabriele@hotmail.com