Sign in to follow this  
snapple2993

MADDEN 2004!!! WHOA IT KICKS ASS!

Graphics are better.

Moddling is way better.

AI is way way better.

Offseason/Owner mode kicks ass!

I highly recommend this game for everyone.

No Demo, but a few killer screens and vids at www.madden2004.com

Yeah, but you cant play madden online with the Xbox :cry:

The new ESPN football for the Xbox looks really nice though, some say even better than Madden. I wont know till I play it though.

Bummer about the Xbox.

EA online is always stable, and most of the people are pretty cool.

I mostly play NHL online, since my cable modem doesnt handle all polygons in madden all that well (its a just a little choppy), but NHL runs very smooth.

Yeah, there is some pissing contest going on between EA and Microsoft about who gets the money for the Online stuff. EA wants to use its own servers and charge and extra fee and microsoft wants to put it on its "live" servers and have it covered under the $4.00 a month fee like the rest of its games (flat rate).

From what I hear EA is going to start charging PS2 players a per month charge to play its games online starting next year. Microsoft already does this, but it's $4 a month and covers any game with Live. Who knows what will happen, but EA wants to get as much money as they can. Thats the business I guess.lol

Ya I think I had to pay like 4 or 5 dollars a month for EA until I picked up Madden 04... you get a year of EA online FREE!!! So when I buy NHL 04 I can just hold onto it and then register it towards the end of the year and get another year FREE!!!

I think with the 03 series it was like a month free or something... wait on second thought maybe I should reread the contract, doesnt really matter I have seen any charges on my account from EA in atleast 2 months and I play NHL online every once and a while.

They need to set it up so LIVE players can play against EA Online players... maybe some kind of profit sharing between MS and EA.

or even if EA wanted to let Xbox players hook up to EA servers and pay thier fees the same as the PS2 guys Im sure that would work, but Microsoft wants to control anything to do with Xbox and thats to be expected. Console gaming is becomming such big business now these little tiffs between companies will become more frequent now. I like having a flat rate of 4 bucks a month and not paying per game, but as popular as Maddon is EA can pretty much do whatever it wants. I hope other games like the new ESPN and NFL2k4 give maddon more competition, but EA has marketed Maddon out the wazoo now. It will be tough.

I guess name recognition is the big thing. EA had made some really sh*tty products (NHL 2003), and of course they stopped making NCAA football for PC; that really pissed me off. But everybody thinks of the EA name when they see sports games. I just wish some other companies would make sports games for PC. HMMM? Maybe UBI could branch off into this area :D

I just saw an add for the ESPN NFL game, and it does look really good. Even the titties on the cheerleaders bounce :shock: 8)

But its not out until September 8, thats a big loss of profits to EA.

Hey if the chicks look anything like the chicks in the volleyball game then Im all about ESPN football for Xbox. LMAO :lol:

Damn! its a game? Whoa so I get even more for my money? Cool. LMAO :lol: