Sign in to follow this  
raf1659

FC big problem

Hello ! :rolleyes:

I have installed Lockon Gold+patch 1.12b , but after the start of FC I only feel of the jet noises and voices that I presume are in the start screen :blush:

The cursor remains fixed to hourglass, the cpu it is to 100%, and this is all :crazy:

My PC, even if not recent, run whit CallOfDuty4 and IL-2 1946 well: Win XP sp2+Athlon 2800+1gb ram+Nvidia6600 (drivers 81.98).

Someone has a suggestion :dntknw:

Did you install the correct patch? There are two different ones corresponding to the download version and the disc version.

Did you install the correct patch? There are two different ones corresponding to the download version and the disc version.

Yes sir: LO_Flaming_Cliffs_Patch_1.12b_EngCD_Gold.exe

1.12b is the Vista patch, 1.12a is the XP patch. I'm not sure what happens if you use the wrong one, frankly. I'm running 1.12a on my XP machine.

1.12b is the Vista patch, 1.12a is the XP patch. I'm not sure what happens if you use the wrong one, frankly. I'm running 1.12a on my XP machine.

Sorry, but 1.12b add the compatibility whit Vista

from http://lockon.co.uk/?end_pos=9〈=en&a...&page=8#531

Corrected bugs and added features 1.12b

# Compatibility with the Windows Vista Operating System.

OK folks, new tests: installed new drivers 93.71, disinstalled FC.

Installed cd1: LockOn 1.01 , run, no problem here :)

Installed cd2: FC over LockOn, non patches, run, only noise, no image :(

Edited by raf1659

Patches 1.12a and 1.12b differ only in StarForce version - 1.12b is compatible with Vista. However, you can install 1.12b on XP with no problems.

As for game not starting, try to run in it in a compatibility mode. Go to FC folder, right click lockon.exe and choose tab Compatibility. Check the option "Run in Comp mode" and choose any from the list until you make it run. Try restarting between switching the modes.

A friend of mine with XP+SP2 had to switch this into NT4.0 ! Only that was was working for him.

Hope this helps,

Babalui