Sign in to follow this  
GhostAR

Low FPS in cockpit, WoI

Heyas!

I aquired WoI, and have problems with the FPS inside the cockpit, usually are 18-20 when inside and flying level, when i'm with the nose down or up i gain some FPS, also there is no problem with FPS with exterior cameras.

My rig:

AMD X2 4400

Ati 3870

2Gb RAM

No AA no AF

I run under Win Vista, did the things that FastCargo wrote in that thread about Vista.

Heyas!

I aquired WoI, and have problems with the FPS inside the cockpit, usually are 18-20 when inside and flying level, when i'm with the nose down or up i gain some FPS, also there is no problem with FPS with exterior cameras.

My rig:

AMD X2 4400

Ati 3870

2Gb RAM

No AA no AF

I run under Win Vista, did the things that FastCargo wrote in that thread about Vista.

Mirrors?

FastCargo

You could try lowering the quality of the cockpit graphics ?

Mirrors on or off, there is no difference.

If i set the graphs to Low it's run like a charm 50-60FPS.

It's weird, because with my PC i can run MSFSX flawlessly.

Mirrors on or off, there is no difference.

If i set the graphs to Low it's run like a charm 50-60FPS.

It's weird, because with my PC i can run MSFSX flawlessly.

Hmm, you could always try this...

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=12148

...but back up your flightengine.ini first.

Ultimately it all depends on what is an acceptable frame rate\graphics trade off to you.

Tried that :(

It is playable...but seems to be wrong that WoI works so ''bad''. with WoE have no problem.

we're in 2!

I've simply exported the woi stuff to woe,and it goes!

I've flying lomac with no problems at maxed settings and woi at low level loss fps probably is caused by the shadows,try to disable 'em and looks a bit more decent,but I prefer sf-wov(Yap)-and Woe at all!

In Campaign mod is worse, i don't know if it's the AI or what, the FPS drop from 8-20

I have it ,bur I wait a new pc to prove it,the requisetes of my desktop are above woi's,I don't really know what happened!

Hello guys... I was reading this topic and I want to know how can I see the number of FPS in the game? and which is the "right" or "recomended" value of FPS in the game? I hope you can understand my question...

thanks!!!

I've flying lomac with no problems at maxed settings and woi at low level loss fps probably is caused by the shadows,try to disable 'em and looks a bit more decent,but I prefer sf-wov(Yap)-and Woe at all!

That's mighty strange, I can't run LockOn to be playable on my system except at settings where it looks quite poor, on the other hand I can run WOI(patched) without mirrors and reflections, shadows off or even at medium, everything else on high with fps never droping below 20 and that's only in intensive situations...

ALT+D.

Theoretically, it must be 24+

Thank you very much GhostAR!!! :ok: