Sign in to follow this  
pcpilot

Random lockups...

After playing something like 60 missions I finally had two lockups in fairly close succesion. The first was when I hit the ground and exploded after being shot down. Suddenly the mouse locks, then frees itself leaving another curser where it froze. After that nothing worked, not escape, not even Cntrl, alt, delete. I had to use reset.

The second time was was whn I was in the hanger screen and pushed the loadout button, BinG! Lockup! This time no mouse ghost, just solid lockup. Had to use reset again. Anyone else having this problem?

I also have noticed a problem with the control settings where I try to map my keyboard and stick. I try to make a new setting and it keeps going back to the original setting or it clickis something else that was under the menu I was clicking. Does that make sense? Dont know how to explain it better. Just wanted to let you know TK.

I guess it might also help to add my system specs...

Pentium3 @ 1ghz

320mb pc133 RAM

Radeon 8500 w/64mb VidRam

Intel motherboard w/815E chipset

SBLive! XGamer 5.1

SB 5.1 5300 surround speakers

Logitech FF joystick

latest and greatest drivers and bios for everything

HardDrive has been reformatted recently, scandisk ran, and defragged.

Over 2 gb free on HD, plenty for file cache, etc.

I've had quite a few lock ups myself. Before patch most often at loading screen. But a couple after the patch. Screen went black & had zero response with Cntr+Alt+Del etc.

never had CTDs to ;0)

Joystick issues

when Itry to use buttons 3 & 4 on stick for zoom in, zoom out the program assigns T & E

Weird some conflict with the wingman software ??

Win ME

p4 1.7 256 DDR

Voodoo4

sound card: cant remember at the moment.

Asus Mobo

logitech wingman force