Sign in to follow this  
ordway

New Mig-19P cockpit nearing completion

Here is a pic of the Mig-19P cockpit reposition and repaint of the Thirdwire Scooter. The radar works. A Mig-19PM is also planned as it has differences as it is a non-gun ship.

mig-19plate.jpg

bigmig19.jpg

What the F@#% is that thing a, goi duk clam on the right side of the pit. I would cut that damn thing off.

Here is a pic of the Mig-19P cockpit reposition and repaint of the Thirdwire Scooter. The radar works. A Mig-19PM is also planned as it has differences as it is a non-gun ship.

mig-19plate.jpg

bigmig19.jpg

Edited by MAKO69

What the F@#% is that thing a, goi duk clam on the right side of the pit. I would cut that damn thing off.

Errr, blame the Russians. The "a, goi duk clam" avec des deux cercles rouges et une instrument pour des deux moteurs à réaction.

When you explain "a, goi duk clam" to me, I'll explain "avec des deux cercles rouges et une instrument pour des deux moteurs à réaction." to you

It was a twin-engine jet fighter with a radar as an afterthought. The instruments and radar are pretty close to where the docs show. The real-life airplane often had to be turned on with lighted rags being thrown into the exhaust...no joke (like in cross-wind conditions).

The Russians basically just threw a radar into an already crowded cockpit. If you don't like it, make one of your own.

Edited by ordway

I wasn't pokin fun at yours I was comenting on the origonal. I love the sleeve, its about 8 inches to long. Yours does it justice

Errr, blame the Russians. It was a twin-engine jet fighter with a radar as an afterthought. The instruments and radar are pretty close to where the docs show. The real-life airplane often had to be turned on with lighted rags being thrown into the exhaust...no joke (like in cross-wind conditions).

The Russians basically just threw a radar into an already crowded cockpit. If you don't like it, make one of your own.

I love the sleeve, its about 8 inches to long. Yours does it justice

Ah! that is the (real Russian rubber) radar hood ...again for action both on the field and off. On the field so that the pilot can see the radar screen against the light...and off the field...I'll leave that to your imagination.