Sign in to follow this  
GwynO

yet another carrier question

I have all the required carriers working in woe for operation rubicon, having patched up woi I thought how about porting these missions over into it and see what happens. Of course problem number one, there are no cv63 or scb lods in the woi object cat so I extracted them out of my woe install and placed them first in the ground objects folder minus the carrier data inis (as these was already in the carrier folders) so that any carrier e.g. Orjol that calls for them can find them. No joy, they don't show up. I then moved all the carrier lods into the folders of the carriers that need them and same problem, no carriers. The terrain files are exactly the same, I only keep one terrain folder and move it from install to install as required so I'm out of guesses what could be the problem. I also applied the changes to the flightengine ini as required by OR. I must be being dumb or missing something, or both.

Interestingly though, USS Enterprise shows up for the Taskforce one mission.. I have strange dejavue here because I have faced this problem before and it was down to the lod files being missing but this time that can't be the reason, I even made a brand new vanilla install, patched up and took the lods out again in case they where damaged and still no carrier except cvan 65.

Just to add more wierdness into the mix, after blowing up due to said missing carrier in socal tour2 I hit f7 to find a friendly ship and there was one, an Essex class however all I could see was smoke, wake and bow wave, Philadelphia Experiment gone wrong again?

I haven't gone to carriers in WOI just yet so don't know.

I'd love to know how you get on if you do old boy, have almost ran out of tea trying to figure out what is so special about the USS Enterprise. For me, completing a mission successfully is nice but doing it all and catching a wire puts the icing on top.