Hi Guys

I have added both a friendly and enemy carrier to the stock red lightning campaign (thanks to the awesome knowledge base here at CA :good: ) but i was just wondering whether it is possible to destroy the carriers. I have had a quick try by dropping a couple of 500 pounders on my home carrier (oops) and nothing happened.

If they are indeed destroyable i was wondering if its possible to set up a strike mission to destroy them and incorporate this mission into the stock campaign

If anybody has the answers please reply

Mike

A carrier acting as an airfield can't be destroyed, but the same ship added as a mere ground target (> terrain_targets file) could be sunk, since it then would be just another ground object.

I also doubt that an enemy carrier added via the campaign_data would show up at all.

Edited by Gocad

Thanks Gocad

Just had a look at the map with the mission editor and the soviet carrier is there, however i assigned a couple of squadrons to it and they didnt show up in the command map (mission planner)

I havnt actually flown up to find out whether it is physically there though

Mike