Sign in to follow this  
Southside Bucky

Triplane schemes.

Hey, Quack74!

Most excellent Dr.I skins, man...Keep 'em comin'!

All the best.

Bucky

PS. D'you do requests?

Edited by Southside Bucky

Hey, Quack74!

Most excellent Dr.I skins, man...Keep 'em comin'!

All the best.

Bucky

PS. D'you do requests?

Thanks for the complement. :drinks:

I'll try some requests. Why not :good: . What would you like.

Well, a few more from Jasta 2 would be great...Frommherz, Bolle and/or Loffler maybe?

Then a few more from Jasta 19 would be nice. :wink:

Then you could make a start on Jasta's 6, 12, 14 & 26!...That wouldn't be too much trouble, would it?:biggrin:

Well, a few more from Jasta 2 would be great...Frommherz, Bolle and/or Loffler maybe?

Then a few more from Jasta 19 would be nice. :wink:

Then you could make a start on Jasta's 6, 12, 14 & 26!...That wouldn't be too much trouble, would it? :biggrin:

Actually I'm trying to make at least 4 skins per Jasta. That way people can have atleast a flight of four historically correct Dr1's to use. Four is good enough I think. Color photos are a little limited :biggrin: . Two more Jasta 2's and two more Jasta 19's comin up. Glad you like them. Its very cool to see accurate planes flying around in the game. A shot of my Jasta 11 planes at the field before take off looks very cool. Try it. :ok:

Cheers man!

Actually, being as anally retentive about historical accuracy as I surely am, soon as I get a bit of time, the first thing I'm gonna do is revise and update my 'Richthofen's Final Two Victories' quick mission to include your schemes.

Like I said: Keep 'em coming! :ok:

May I add another great job! I am so glad to see someone really put out some quality skins. I have a request as well, how about Udet's striped tripe. I know it has already been done but not for the expansion Dr.1. Again great job ,keep up the good work .

Yours Respectfully,

VonTobler

Edited by VONTOBLER

Your Skins are great, you have a very nice eye for detail! i have been grabbing them as soon as they are released. :good:

I know your starting to get slammed with requests, but any chance of Lothar's Dr.1?

Your Skins are great, you have a very nice eye for detail! i have been grabbing them as soon as they are released. :good:

I know your starting to get slammed with requests, but any chance of Lothar's Dr.1?

Lothar's Dr.1 with the thick Crosses? Like the ones I've been posting?

Lothar's Dr.1 with the thick Crosses? Like the ones I've been posting?

This is a nice photo. check it out. :ok:

I think that was for the A-Teams Model, I don't think we have it for the TW model yet.

I have it in my version. I only bought the game not even a year ago. I have the Expansion Pack and the April 08 patch. I can post Lothar's stock skin if I'm allowed to do that :dntknw: . I dont see why not.

Just to confirm...Yeah, Lothar's Dr.I definitely comes with the EP.

Incidentally, Quack. The Jasta 19 tripe, serial No. 433/17 (the one with the diamonds fuselage band), was flown by Ltn Arthur Rahn.

All the others you don't have names for, remain unidentified.

Thanks again for the latest additions...The Koerner "zigzag" is particularly nice!

Just to confirm...Yeah, Lothar's Dr.I definitely comes with the EP.

Incidentally, Quack. The Jasta 19 tripe, serial No. 433/17 (the one with the diamonds fuselage band), was flown by Ltn Arthur Rahn.

All the others you don't have names for, remain unidentified.

Thanks again for the latest additions...The Koerner "zigzag" is particularly nice!

Thanks for the name (Arthur Rahn). I couldn't find the picture w the name.

Pippart will be my last Jasta 19 for now. going to do some Jasta 2's than 14's

Hi Quack.

In answer to your question in the "Read Me" for Pippart's plane. I think you've got the scheme right. :ok:

Some people are of the opinion that the fuselage was dark blue, but seeing as Jasta 19's colours were black & yellow, the black fuselage makes a lot more sense.

One thing I think might be helpful though, would be to name the skin folder with the pilot's name AND the Jasta number? ie, 'J19 Hans Pippart', or something similar?

Reason is, it can be hard to remember which pilot flew in which Jasta. It then makes selecting a particular Jasta in the game menu a bit tricky. specially now you're producing so many!

Really well done though, man...You're making an excellent contribution to the game! :good:

Hi Quack.

In answer to your question in the "Read Me" for Pippart's plane. I think you've got the scheme right. :ok:

Some people are of the opinion that the fuselage was dark blue, but seeing as Jasta 19's colours were black & yellow, the black fuselage makes a lot more sense.

One thing I think might be helpful though, would be to name the skin folder with the pilot's name AND the Jasta number? ie, 'J19 Hans Pippart', or something similar?

Reason is, it can be hard to remember which pilot flew in which Jasta. It then makes selecting a particular Jasta in the game menu a bit tricky. specially now you're producing so many!

Really well done though, man...You're making an excellent contribution to the game! :good:

You're right about that, sorry. :dntknw:

I kind of have that problem my self :rolleyes: . You can rename the files yourself. To make it easier. It's a little late for me to do it :blush: . Just name them the way it makes it easier to idenify them. I'll do it with the next ones :good:

...Pippart will be my last Jasta 19 for now. going to do some Jasta 2's than 14's

Hi Quack.

Don't wanna hassle ya, but I was just wondering if those Jasta 14 tripe's (or any others) are still in the pipeline? :rolleyes:

Regards.

Bucky

Hi Quack.

Don't wanna hassle ya, but I was just wondering if those Jasta 14 tripe's (or any others) are still in the pipeline? :rolleyes:

Regards.

Bucky

I've been working a lot the last couple of weeks. Not much time to myself. Oh and having a three month old girl takes up some time too :rolleyes: . But I will make more within a week or two. Not too many clear Dr1 photos out there to make accurate skins, but I have a few more ideas. Glad you like 'em. I'll work on some Jasta14's first. :good:

I just posted Dr.1 198/17 of Jasta 14

The pilot I believe was Lt. Werner. I'll make a few more jasta 14's

Man, that was quick!

Very nice rendition of 198/17. I expect TK's new late war crosses makes your job a lot easier, eh?

RE: References for Dr.I's.

You've probably seen this already, but just in case...Although the pics are quite small, this site's very good. Notice the little UK flag for English text:

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=h...l%3Den%26sa%3DN

Hope it helps.

Bucky

Thks for the sounds by the way. They're great. Those web sites are pretty good to. The Paper Airplane one I've used before for references. Its not easy going off of black and white photos. So I hope I'm close with my color schemes :dntknw: . Anyway they look good :ok:

I'll be doing some more very soon. Jasta 14's are hard to come by. Noticable ones anyway :biggrin:

Oh by the way, the new markings definitely make things easier and faster.

Edited by quack74