Sign in to follow this  

Another WIP...Coastal Command (Met) Halifax III.

Ignore the codes and serials (haven't made the correct ones yet!).

Oh and the camo is too green as yet, but you get the general idea.

gallery_28053_226_42673.jpg

dsawan - the Bomber Command ones are in the downloads section if you want 'em. 4-skin pack (haha pardon me lol).

thx, man. keep up on em. Hey syrix, one more thing. Any chance on doing a desert scheme whether real or fictional, when you have the time of course. I have a MAW install for thirdwire ww2 and would think a desert scheme would look nice. No rush, just if you are interested in trying a new one. I can see if theres any I can find in terms of pics or maybe fictional. Just let me know. thx.

Edited by dsawan

Hey syrix, one more thing. Any chance on doing a desert scheme whether real or fictional

A desert scheme is on my to do list :good:

Would be slightly fictional as the Halifaxes operated in the desert were mainly MkII's & V's (Merlin engines and triangular fins). Also they were modifed to MkII series I (special) by removing the nose turret and fairing it over. The so-called "Tollerton" nose. Also many had their dorsal turrets removed at this time as well.

The pics in your second link are not actually in the desert scheme. They are just badly faded copies of well known shots of aircraft in the standard Bomber Command scheme.

Desert scheme for the Halifax was merely painting over the green camo with midstone and leaving the brown as is. This was done in-theatre and was often quite crudely applied. Undersides were left night black (even though they were often operated during daylight in the western desert theatre).

Egypt also operated the Hali after WW2 up to the early 1950's. WOI...hmm.

Hi, thx for your skins. Another request when you can. An all silver skin and a commercial skin as they were used post-war for freight and acrgo. Thx.