Sign in to follow this  
Sakai

I have a question....

Hey ya'll! I am a pretty current observer of the TK world and was searching around the old Amazon.com yesterday and decided to pick up a copy of WOE. I lost my copy of WOV during my most recent move (out of the rents and in with the g/f, lol) and was wondering if, after the current patches, if there is any major differences between the versions. I also noticed that in WOV, I couldn't select a year for any aircraft that was produced after 1973. In single missions anyway, will that change in WOE? And last, but not least, is there ANY way that WO series can be played in Vista? Any patches or anything? I would hate to have to run everything but my TK sims on my brandy new laptop and run those on my old e-machines desktop with the wal-mart nvidia graphics card that I would have to move from the islands here into town. Maine in November is not a fun place to move anything, even more so if you have to travel over water. Thanks for any help, this is the most supportive group of people I have ever seen on the net. :)

Vista - install the game somewhere else than the Programs folder and use the latest october2008b patch www.thirdwire.com

single mission dates - main game folder, options ini , go to singlemission section and change StartYear/EndYear values to whatever you want

~

Don't forget to read the knowledge base article concerning running WoX in Vista... all but the shader effect disabling (fixed in the last patch) still applies.

As for version comparisons, see this: http://www.column5.us/sfchart.htm

and to add on to what Crusader said, 0 works as a start/end year if you want an unlimited range.

Thanx guys, I am relieved to know there is a way to run WOX on vista, makes me a very happy camper. Thx again for the support!

<S>