Question for the decal gurus out there. Does anyone know if ship decals work post patch(es)? Prior to the October update, I had decals working quite happily and intended to put a couple on my upcoming Daring. Now, however, I get nothing. I did a quick search to see what's what and have checked file entries within the ship file.................. but I'm stumped. I certainly don't want to have to go back to painting numbers on as that's a real chore and doesn't look as good.

at somepoint the naming convention/pathing changed (don't know that it affects ships :dntknw: )

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=33785

post 9

Thanks p10ppy.

When I did a quick search, I noted that there had been a naming convention change..................... so I made sure that my file added up. Unfortunately, ships don't seem to want to work, so I have to assume that the patch messed things up with regard to shipping..........................grrrrr!!

Bollocks!

I certainly don't want to have to go back to painting numbers on as that's a real chore and doesn't look as good.

I did a little experimentation a while ago; numbered decals (e.g. "CV_Number003.tga") didn't work, but unnumbered ones did (e.g. "CV_Number.tga").