Sign in to follow this  
Gunnar88

Where are the 3D models stored?

Hi... I'm using 3D max for plane modeling (Just getting into this job :biggrin: ..)

And i am interested where are the 3D models stored, in WoE/WoI/WoV folders for editing in 3D max

and how to extract them?

THX

Hi... I'm using 3D max for plane modeling (Just getting into this job :biggrin: ..)

And i am interested where are the 3D models stored, in WoE/WoI/WoV folders for editing in 3D max

and how to extract them?

THX

Models are converted to LOD file. You can't import them to max but... if I remember some times ago somebody wrote something about LOD's import...don't remember who :dntknw:

And more than likely a quashed topic. There are various 3D models (small selection due to other reasons) available in the Downloads section. THere's one in the F/A-18 and the "What If" section if I'm not mistaken.

I remember some times ago somebody wrote something about LOD's import...don't remember who :dntknw:

Edited...no information on how to reverse engineer LOD models will be permitted on this website.

Reverse engineering other people's models without permission will tend to make you unpopular.

Your best bet for learning purposes is to take a look at one of the free models found all over the web, or asking another modeller, nicely, if they might share something.

Reverse engineering other people's models without permission will tend to make you unpopular.

If you paid attention, practically all models the made by me is done first. But YES, i used sometimes LOD decoding for REFERENCE, not for direct copy.

Because in some situation i have no choice. For example i need it was to do Yasser. but I did not have drafts. I find this photo

Yaser%20missile.jpg

I read the caption: 'FUSM-5 Yasser: BOMB 750 FUNDS Ballistik huadah' -> OK M-117 harhead + Hawk missile body, and no drawings...

i take Hawk LOD & M-117 import these to 3D and combine, now i have 3D darawings for my. And I create NEW 3D model, using existing for referense only...

Maybe so, but someone with less integrity may not use the program in the same way. No further discussion on reverse engineering LOD files permitted, no matter what it may be used for.

This topic is closed.

FC