Sign in to follow this  
spitfire ace

cfs3 firepower

I have been thinking about buying cfs3 for a while now,if i was to get it would anyone recommend buying firepower to,because it looks pretty good and can it match il2 1946.

Hard to say wether it will match it. I just got it, no complaints here, but havent found anyone to fly online with

CFS3 MP mismatches are a serious issue to any non-stock CFS3 install. I had to give it up when the ONE guy I flew MP with had to reinstall and it stopped working.

For solo play, though, I enjoy Firepower a great deal. The planes they included are excellent and the upgrades to things like the effects are universal.

Beinging an general flight sim fanboi as opposed to a sim specific one I say get 'em all.

If you have the cash there is no harm in having cfs3 and il2 on the ol' harddrive.

Firepower does improve cfs3 alot, makes it what it should have been on release.

Both have strengths and weaknesses. Where il2 is (IMO) superior is in the online aspect, I'd go as far as saying there is no competition when it comes to online.

Cfs3 used to hold the edge in terms or modding i.e you could add stuff. Although that is less of an issue now that il2 has been 'cracked' and is 'moddable'.