Sign in to follow this  
winterhunter

Kh-90 Cruise Missile

machine translation from airwar.ru

Within the limits of activities on creation of cruise missiles of long range simultaneously with activities on Kh-55 in activities participated Corp. "Mechanical engineering" (were OKB-52, created by V.N.Chelomeem). As well as first project Rainbow Design B., project Corp "Mechanical engineering" assumed creation of a base design which at corresponding modification would be capable to meet requirements both overland basing, and marine basing, and basing by airplanes-rocket carriers (activity for both organisations has been set simultaneously and one PSM the USSR).

Project Corp "Mechanical engineering" differed higher characteristics. It was a large airplane-shell with the swept collapsible wing, equipped mid-flight direct flow engine with the built-in accelerating unit. The declared speed was equaled 3000 km / h, a ceiling of 24000 m and range to 5000 km. The air version of an airplane-shell has received designation ЗМ25А "Meteorite". As an airplane-carrier it was supposed to use modified Tu-95MS on which on wing pylons it was planned to place from 2 to 4 "Meteorites". Accordingly under new suspensions the control system of preparation and start-up of rockets should be finished, elements of a land complex etc. are finished In addition to external suspensions "Meteorites", not falling outside the limits the stipulated loadings, it would be possible to place in a freight compartment and other kinds of fighting loadings, including ARM, and also rockets of a class "air-air" that should improve stability a complex to air defence means.

In May, 1980 the first start-up from a land bench which has ended unsuccessfully has been made. Difficulties with development "Meteorite" have shifted the beginning of tests by an airplane-carrier for some years. For activities on a theme "Meteorite" serial has been allocated Ту-95МС ╧ 04, in January, 1983 this airplane has been converted. Airplane test and a complex were conducted within several years, there were practical start-up of "Meteorites" from an airplane side. Difficult enough complex demanded long developments and adaptations, and in the meantime its competitor with rockets Kh-55 already was under construction serially. Therefore soon all activities on "Meteorite", on the general background of decrease in defensive assignments and curtailing of variety of defensive programs have been terminated.

winterhunter

Very good job with the Gun Data

This is beautiful as flying missile.

Moreover Batida so destructive.

Beautiful.

Saludos

help) how can i fire this miss?? I press fire but nothing is happening(( plane TU-95MS-16

at last it fires)) but i dont understand how select a target without any radar Oo ( plane TU-95MS-16, game Wings over israel)

at last it fires)) but i dont understand how select a target without any radar Oo ( plane TU-95MS-16, game Wings over israel)

Press the "E" key :biggrin:

doesnt work((( and now game didn't start((((

i press "e" key and fires, missle missing target(( what do i do wrong?