Sign in to follow this  
pcpilot

Thunder At Sea Aar

Since I am a sailor, one of the things that comes naturally to me is telling a story. (Which, by the way, may or may not be entirely accurate. But that is besides the point.) One of my old favorite games has been Fighting Steel which is a WW2 tactical surface gunnery simulator. The original was pretty good but fell a bit flat for several reasons. Well this group of guys at Naval Warfare Simulations has been quietly working on it, making it a whole lot more realistic and accurate with "patches" called the "Fighting Steel Project". They are currently at 9.2! In the process, they have added quite few new 3D ship models to the game.

Well, you may have caught my announcement in the Biohaz news about their recent release of an Addon to the game called thunder at Sea. I ordered the addon and have been playing it since. Its taken the game from strictly tactical to operational and even strategic levels encompassing naval operations throughout the world. I am really impressed by it and think you might like to take a look at it too. A good place to start would be my After Action Report of the first scenario called "Rhienebung" which is the scenario depicting the Bismarks' attempted breakout and subsequent destruction by the British navy. There are links there to the NWS and Fighting Steel Project websites. There is also a TAS demo out that requires Fighting Steel.

The AAR can be found HERE! or you can find it on my webpage link located below. The link will be on the left of the page called TAS AAR. Please let me know what you think of the AAR. I almost sound like a salesman, but Im actually looking for possible opponents or others interested in the genre.