Sign in to follow this  
Wels

First victory in the air, AND surviving with Eindecker and a special mission!

Hello,

today i was able to shoot down a BE2c (what else lol), and i survived the AA fire. Then i filled out the report, and after two more sorties it has been acknowledged :blink: . It IS possible !

The second sortie i was alone, no enemy in the sky - and boy this is the first time with a sim i was glad about it :haha:

The third sortie was something special: I got a special message while going to the briefing, saying something like "you have to go to a certain position over the front. Since all two-seaters are busy at the moment, your wingman with his scout will for once carry a camera, and make photos of the area, protect him by all means ..."

Oops i thought, thinking of evil flights of hords of Bristols or whatever, shooting us 2 down in a second. So i swore to be VERY careful this time. And then ... (i am flying in july 1915, with FA62, and will get a Halberstadt not before mid-1916, will be a hard time) .. i was at the aerodrome, and there was Immelmann AND Boelcke with their E.Is/E.IIIs(?). So we took off together, and i felt a lot better. They had the same course, so we made our flight together, until 4 Bristol scouts appeared, and attacked. While i was still turning, my flight had shot down three of them in the first 30 seconds ! The fourth seemed to run away, but i stayed with my wingman. I felt really good when the whole flight made it back without a scratch. :yes:

This special missions thing is great ! Even the Eindecker seems to behave a bit better now, maybe due to the change in patch 1.28. I am looking forward to more of those special orders ...

Thanks and greetings,

Catfish

Great report, catfish. This sim continues to impress me regularly. It's great that the AI for those aces was modeled such that you had an advantage in this mission. Superb!

Can only agree, Griphos

Thanks for that nice report - so it IS worth going back as far as 1915.

Carry on, Wels

(you know, that Wels/Catfish is a FISH, not a CAT, do you, CATF... arhm - Wels?)