Sign in to follow this  
PG_Raptor

Bcs Loadout

Here's the results of the BCS rankings, and the BCS bowls.

Sugar Bowl:

#1 Oklahoma vs. #2 LSU

Rose Bowl:

#3 USC vs. #4 Michigan

Orange Bowl:

#7 Florida State vs. #9 Miami (stoked (or wasted, in your case) yet snapple?)

Fiesta Bowl

#5 Ohio State vs. #10 Kansas State (Hell yeah! been waiting for this matchup for a long time)

lets see, and the other top ten not going:

#6 Texas

#8 Tennessee

This looks like it'll be and AWESOME bowl season. I can't wait to watch these games!

Orange Bowl:

#7 Florida State vs. #9 Miami (stoked (or wasted, in your case) yet snapple?)

I'm not that happy about this game. The Clemson loss ruined all hope in Nole nation. I had been hoping for OU to lose all season, because I (like everyone else) thought it would kick them out of the title game, and give us a chance to get in. Miami blowing the end of the year, hurt our strength of schedule, but the Clemson loss knocked us into a lower bowl. Yes I know its BCS and a lot of schools wish they could play in one of the Big 4, and FSU is always in a January bowl, just because they win the ACC, and or end up playing for the title.

But the only reason why FSU has a football team is to win championships. ACC titles, and rivalry games are just steps on the road to the title game, and this year like every year since 2000 had been a let down.

Revenge against Miami will not even come close to dulling the pain of not having a shot at the title this year. This is 3 years in a row that we have been out of it, thats after being in it 3 years in a row (Thank you Samari Rolle for falling down in 98, and thank FSU freshman wide outs for dropping 3/4 passes in 2000).

Dont be mislead by the sports casters, the only thing that matters in Nole Nation is the National Title. We made an improvement this year over the previous 2, but its still a failure.

Cheers,

Saffell

Edit: I think beating Miami should be a lock, as long as the field is dry, and Rix hasnt missed class this week (finals week :P ).

Edited by snapple2993

I dont like the fact that its a home game for miami, but redemption would be sweet.

I hate the BCS system, always have. College football needs a playoff system, plain and simple. then there would be no argument over who is #1.

These bowls are worried about losing money if it goes to a playoff system, but they could easily turn the bowl games into a playoff system. Top 5 bowls play to see who the final two teams are and then play one more game a week later (which could rotate from year to year to be fair to all the bowls) for the national championship. Simple

College football could easily go one more week and add one more game to find a true champion.

You can still keep the smaller bowls like the Gator bowl, outback bowl,etc for all the ones who didnt make the final 4.

OU lost and should not be going to the Sugar bowl. It should be USCvsLSU, but we wont know who the true #1 is this year. Crappy, greedy BCS system.lol