Sign in to follow this  

All the tips, downloads and stuff has at least one really nice fringe benefit.

I'm currently doing the (really difficult) ACES OF NORTH VIETNAM and i've noticed that the low level flak has shot down a considerably higher number of AI aircraft than the stock settings. Also, in my sideline WOV campaign, it's no cakewalk anymore in a pre SAM timeframe. The squadron has had serious damage from triple A on a few occasions.

Good news for those interested; I've spoken to TK on the ThirdWire forum and he's informed me that he'll try to knock out a more SF2/SF2V user friendly Gun Editor as soon as he gets some time :yes: .

This should help make things easier when editing gun data in the new platforms, eh? :biggrin:

The craziest thing just happened. All that testing I did trying to get hit by flak and I couldn't get it to happen. I was doing all my testing with the latest patch.

Just flew a strike in WOV (old patch) and on my 3rd pass (yeah, I know...) I got drilled by 57mm. The log just said shot down, but I was in external view when it happened and I didn't see any tracers and wasn't that low.

The gun was the KS-60 (or S-60) from the DS mod w/o any other values changed.

I'm wondering if the flak was a little more effective with the old patch...?

Very intersting finding. could explain a lot.

I'm totally lost in the soup! I've spent the last half hour trying to do the above and I'm hitting my head off a brick wall. I don't even have the option to change to 'ASCII', it's either ANSI, Unicode, Unicode big endian, or UTF-8. :dntknw:

ANSI is basically ACSII......Basically the same thing. I've imported all old Edits from old Installs this way. I stand at 122 Entries versus 62 from the Stock Install. Unicode to ANSI and back to Unicode.

BTW, It'll ask You if You want to "Overwrite" after every Encoding change, Click "Yes".

Edited by 331Killerbee

ANSI is basically ACSII......Basically the same thing. I've imported all old Edits from old Installs this way. I stand at 122 Entries versus 62 from the Stock Install. Unicode to ANSI and back to Unicode.

BTW, It'll ask You if You want to "Overwrite" after every Encoding change, Click "Yes".

Cheers bud. I'll give that a try when I get a chance. Right now I've got a more serious problem. Check out my upcoming thread regarding the stock SF2 F-E models post-SF2V ............