Sign in to follow this  
Happymeal

Takeoff pitch up in WOE/ WOV

Hi again,

I've noticed that some aircraft in WOE & WOV tend to pitch nose up early in the takeoff roll, F-100 & A-10 spring to mind. Is there anything I can do to stop this? I'd expect the nose to go light but I think this effect seems way overdone.

Thanks.

Well, some aircraft fly off the ground by being 'pulled' up.

Others, the nose rotates early to freeze in position, then the aircraft gets airborne once it reaches flying airspeed.

FC

Do you fly the planes loaded or clean. If it is realistic mode military aircraft are designed to takeoff w/ a war load and come home clean. Also the planes u mentioned do not have computers controling them like most 4th and 5th gen rigs. The Century fighters a squrily especially the F-100 she doesnt like quick input on the stick when she is slow or fast for that matter. Try flying both on rollout w/no flaps. FC probably knows this trick if you got a heavy bird you may have to bounce the plane into the air, nice steady firm push (not quick) forward at speed uses the nose gear as a pogo.

Edited by MAKO69

Guest a10boar
Do you fly the planes loaded or clean. If it is realistic mode military aircraft are designed to takeoff w/ a war load and come home clean. Also the planes u mentioned do not have computers controling them like most 4th and 5th gen rigs. The Century fighters a squrily especially the F-100 she doesnt like quick input on the stick when she is slow or fast for that matter. Try flying both on rollout w/no flaps. FC probably knows this trick if you got a heavy bird you may have to bounce the plane into the air, nice steady firm push (not guick) forward at speed uses the nose gear as a pogo.

Good stuff for this noob to know.Thanks!Off to try now.

I've noticed some rough takeoffs in F-4s, fully loaded, without afterburner (gotta save gas). You'll have to pull back a little forcefully to get the jet off the deck, but you're about a half-inch of stick movement from stall. Overdo it, and you can depart and come right back down into the runway. As it is, most times you're hanging on the stall, feeling the buffet.

Setting up your game to use pitch "trim" could help with easier rotations/liftoffs. I noticed flying the TMF Crusaders that about 5 "clicks" of aft trim will let you have a nice, smooth rotation - with or without using burner.

For your issue, maybe a little forward stick trim will help.

Set up trim by going into one of the config files and adjusting the keyboard inputs for pitch (and roll - helps trim the jet after you sling off some ordnance). Basically, you want to disable the re-center feature so that once you hit the key to deflect the stab/ailerons, it stays in that position. Adjust the sensitivity to your liking - smaller values are better for the fine tuning, but too small and you'll be trimming forever. I don't remember all the specifics, but I think it's in the KB somewhere.

I've noticed some rough takeoffs in F-4s, fully loaded, without afterburner (gotta save gas). You'll have to pull back a little forcefully to get the jet off the deck, but you're about a half-inch of stick movement from stall. Overdo it, and you can depart and come right back down into the runway. As it is, most times you're hanging on the stall, feeling the buffet.

Setting up your game to use pitch "trim" could help with easier rotations/liftoffs. I noticed flying the TMF Crusaders that about 5 "clicks" of aft trim will let you have a nice, smooth rotation - with or without using burner.

For your issue, maybe a little forward stick trim will help.

Set up trim by going into one of the config files and adjusting the keyboard inputs for pitch (and roll - helps trim the jet after you sling off some ordnance). Basically, you want to disable the re-center feature so that once you hit the key to deflect the stab/ailerons, it stays in that position. Adjust the sensitivity to your liking - smaller values are better for the fine tuning, but too small and you'll be trimming forever. I don't remember all the specifics, but I think it's in the KB somewhere.

Woah, you can set up pitch trim in this game!? thats what I need, any linky??