Sign in to follow this  
cosmos33

CFS3 CD/DVD won't run on my F$/%?/$%?/$%? pc !

::::: LOL LOL I had entered CFS CD 2 so it works m, but I got the 2 cd version , hope I won't have to install cfs3 :::

CFS3 CD/DVD won't run on my F$/%?/$%?/$%? pc !

WTF ???

what can I do.

I see the icon in the DVD emplacement, but double clicking produce nothing, right clicking and opening does nothing either.

I got in XP

lace the OFF disc, when prompted to put th DVD/CD of CFS/ thats what I do , but It can't find it. What a load of crap ! Im about to burn this /$%"$%/"% CFS3 cd and do some F/$%?$%? voodoo incantation whileI piss over it.

Edited by cosmos33

Hello,

do you have the CD (2CDs) or the DVD (1 DVD) version ?

Is the Autostart feature activated with your drive ? Is it really a DVD drive you have (DVD in a CD drive won't work -sorry but have to ask).

Does your PC recognize the disk without trying to install OFF ?

Do other CDs and DVDs work in your drive ? If they do the only explanation i have would be your CFS3 disk(s) is/are damaged. Are there any scratches to be seen on the disk surface ? Can you give them back/exchange them.

If you have the CFS3 CD disks i think you have to install CFS3 completely prior to the installation of OFF ! And you have to fly one mission in CFS3 before installing OFF (creates some subfolders important for OFF).

Only if you have the CFS3 DVD version it is not necessary to install CFS3 completely. But if you try to install OFF with the CD version, and have not installed it before, it will refrain from installing when you are told to put the disk into the drive.

God i can feel your anger !

Good luck,

Catfish

Edited by Wels

generally, if you right click on a dvd icon, and there is either a bad disk,,or nothing present, you will get the "please insert disc in drive d" message, or something close to that.

I take it from your post, that you are not getting that message.

dont suppose you have anything else around like another computer or laptop that you could stick that dvd in? (i am assmuing its a dvd)

and,,because you didnt indicate you got the above message,,,does the lite on the dvd or cd player stay on,,,on just sit there blinking? If i get that condition, i ususally clean disk and drive.