Sign in to follow this  
warthog64

Terrain lines/shimmering in distance

I noticed that in all terrains when I am about 6,000 feet above the ground or lower the ground has an odd shimmering/wavy line effect about 1 mile or so from me in all directions. I tried changing the same Height Offset lines which fixed the shimmering water effect, but with no result. Has anyone else noticed this? This isn't a big problem but I was just wondering if there is a fix for it.

Thanks

Trees I think. Same here to a slight degree. Are you running any of my (Lexx) weirdo mods? When I dropped one of my clip distances for my non-standard usage of cockpit panels, trees shimmered as you described. I mostly fixed it but its a tight balance.

I don't think so? I downloaded the Desert Storm mod for WOE, and I didn't add any trees to the DS terrain. And my Vietnam terrain doesn't have trees either, but both have this odd problem. It's mostly just weird lines that move down the ground in the distance, but not directly below me.