Sign in to follow this  
UK_Widowmaker

OFF versus CFS3

Well, if i ever needed proof that OFF bears no resemblance to CFS3, it is made perfectly obvious on many occasions!

I quite like the 'ETO' addon for CFS3...but rarely get to play it, because OFF is so good.

But, I thought I would have a quick go today...and it crashed immediatly to desktop..no errors...just bang...desktop!

So I started up CFS3.... bang..desktop!

Oh, bugger!...."I hope this doesn't affect OFF too"..I said to myself!

I need not have worried...OFF started up as usual, and played fine!... What I can't fathom out, is why CFS3 just crashes like that with no apparent rhyme or reason.

I suspect it's because (like most Microsoft products)...it's overpriced s**t! :yes:

didnt say if everything played fine before,,,and now doesnt,,

do you have vista,,,and if so,,any chance you have to do the "run as administrator" and "run in xp compatibility mode"?

Hi SD

Vista?...good heavens no!...lol

I'm on XP..and yes, it's all worked fine in the past...but has happened quite a few times now.

Reinstalling CFS3 get's ETO working again, but I have no idea at all what causes this random corruption

Well, that sux. I haven't had the crash to desktop problem, thankfully.

But the OFF feature that really puts it light years ahead of CFS3 is getting rid of the asinine mission/front line sector selection feature. I should be flying where I'm told by my higher headquarters, not picking and choosing unrelated missions all over Europe. This is supposed to be a tactical simulation, not a strategic one. If micro$oft thinks that my little four plane flight of P47s can have any impact on the movement of the front lines, they've been smoking their breakfast (again).