Sign in to follow this  
corey

Green Hell 2 mod and Brain32's hi res tileset for SFV2

Hey guys I tried both these mods into the new game and at first I was happy as it was working but playing some more, there seems to be problems, with the rivers and water. Some rivers are white, or are green until you get close. Larger water bodies shore lines seem to work in some spots but not others.

Are there any plans on porting or making new ones for the new game. The ground textures really bug me right now and I would love some trees.

Hey guys I tried both these mods into the new game and at first I was happy as it was working but playing some more, there seems to be problems, with the rivers and water. Some rivers are white, or are green until you get close. Larger water bodies shore lines seem to work in some spots but not others.

Are there any plans on porting or making new ones for the new game. The ground textures really bug me right now and I would love some trees.

It's no need to make new one as GH2 worked without problems in my SF2V install. Just make sure to add fix made by Column5:

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=39923

it's in the middle of the first page.

Hello thanks for the reply, I tried it but Iam still having odd problems.

first I tried just taking all of the green hill files and putting them in the terrains folder then I went and got the 3 fixed files 1 ini text file and two water textures.

the first two shots are of this, as you can see the tiles around the water are screwed up. Next I went and deleted all the high res tiles and the water and it helped but I have a new problem as you can see in the last two shots. as yu can see some textures are still screwed but its odd because if I fly right up to them they will get fixed in some cases.

I would really like to yse the high detail tile sets but it is even more broken.

img00002l.jpg

img00003j.jpg

img00004g.jpg

img00005a.jpg

I tried the high res tile set again with out trees and it works except for the water.

img00006u.jpg

I tried the high res tile set again with out trees and it works except for the water.

Open your VietnamSea_data.ini, and add this:

[HeightOffset]

LowDetailMesh=-1.0

WaterMesh=0.8

Water problem should be cleared.

As for Green Hell 2 -have you added together Brain32's tileset AND GH 2 ?

edit:

if the setting above doesn't work, try this values:

[HeightOffset]

LowDetailMesh=-1.0

WaterMesh=1.8

Edited by CA_Stary

For future reference:

Correct order of installing GH2 AND my hi-res tiles into SF2V is:

1.)install my tileset

2.)install Stary's Green Hell2 mod

3.)apply Column5's fix

That's all there is to it :)

I got it working thanks, I was just installing them in the wrong order. These make the game 10x better now.