Sign in to follow this  
Wildfowler

No Bombs

I have FE with expansion pack and the great downloads. However nothing I do can get me to drop a bomb. Even though they are listed in the loadout.

HELP :dntknw: Please!! :notworthy:

I have FE with expansion pack and the great downloads. However nothing I do can get me to drop a bomb. Even though they are listed in the loadout.

HELP :dntknw: Please!! :notworthy:

Yes I had that Wildflower now I will try and explain how I got mine to work.

I had several instales of FE i noticed the one with the Expansion pack and latest update (September I think) worked ok regarding the droping of bombs, what I did was copy over from my heavely modded game first the add on planes checking as I go that the bombs work ok you don't have to do one plane at a time just keep a check on the game that you still have bombs, then copied over the effects and sounds and any other add-ons and all works ok for me. Im no expert but I think its to do with the weapons data file.

Always back up before copying over any thing then you can always go back if you loose the bombs.

With so many add-ons for FE it can be very confusing moding but start with a standard install and work from that checking as you go.

Hope this is of help im sure someone will come up with a better way. But this worked for me im using the brilliant Peter01 plane stuff.

Edited by don246

I had that recently, the bombs showed in the loadout, but nothing showed externally on the planes, and neither would the cycle ground weapon bring up any bombs or grenades. The problem was that I had used the latest weapon editor, which is for SFP2 so I simply downloaded the correct one from the Thirdwire site here. For First Eagles with EP and the November patch, you need v02.20.08 Run the editor, open the weapon data ini and save. You should now have bombs! You did extract the weapon data ini first and add to it the weapons for the addons yes?

Check out the FE Knowledge base above. It explains how to use the "stock" bombs already in the game for all aircraft. Its all .ini edits. You don't need the weapons editor. Peter's FMs are already set up this way and you don't need to mess with installing the third party weapons that come with some add-on planes.

edit...You'll want to use the stock weapons anyway as they have been updated to the latest standards with new aerodynamic factors, etc. not implemented with the old third party weapons.

I had that recently, the bombs showed in the loadout, but nothing showed externally on the planes, and neither would the cycle ground weapon bring up any bombs or grenades. The problem was that I had used the latest weapon editor, which is for SFP2 so I simply downloaded the correct one from the Thirdwire site here. For First Eagles with EP and the November patch, you need v02.20.08 Run the editor, open the weapon data ini and save. You should now have bombs! You did extract the weapon data ini first and add to it the weapons for the addons yes?

Thanks for this. But being thick I cannot find v02.20.08. Where is it on the site?

Thanks

Thanks for this. But being thick I cannot find v02.20.08. Where is it on the site?

Thanks

Forget above!! I have it sorted!!! :clapping:

Cant hit anything!!!! :blush:

But now have bombs!!! :biggrin:

Cheers