Sign in to follow this  
saburo

Screens from Sunday MP game

I'll say it again - Great Fun!

Hey, where is your other wingman JOKER??? hahahaha. If not for multiplayer, I would probably not have purchased this sim. Works great.

HEY! How come I wasn't a part of this one! LOL :biggrin:

Joker,

if you get a chance,,,,post your computer specs...there has to be a reason why your fps is dropping that low,,,

i didnt think anyone played on a computer as slow as i had at home, and i dont ever get as low as you where getting..

Joker,

if you get a chance,,,,post your computer specs...there has to be a reason why your fps is dropping that low,,,

i didnt think anyone played on a computer as slow as i had at home, and i dont ever get as low as you where getting..

I am definitely looking for ways to increase my FPS. Presently it's certainly flyable - mid 20's to mid 30's most of the time, but really slow starting at an airfield and sometimes dropping as air activity picks up. So, here's my stats if some professional (which I am definitely not) would care to review and offer tweaking advice.

Thanks!

-sab

Also flying with settings on 5 except for clouds (1) and ground stuff (3)

Computer: Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional OS Service Pack Service Pack 3

DirectX 4.09.00.0904 (DirectX 9.0c)

Motherboard: CPU Type DualCore Intel Pentium D 820, 2800 MHz (14 x 200)

Motherboard Name Gigabyte GA-8N-SLI Pro (2 PCI, 2 PCI-E x1, 2 PCI-E x16, 4 DDR2 DIMM, Audio, Gigabit LAN, IEEE-1394)

Motherboard Chipset nVIDIA nForce4 SLI Intel Edition System Memory 2048 MB (DDR2-667 DDR2 SDRAM)

BIOS Type Award Modular (08/15/05) Communication Port Communications Port (COM1) Communication

Port Communications Port (COM2) Communication Port Printer Port (LPT1) Display: Video Adapter NVIDIA

(not sure why two 7800GT's is listed below- there's only one GPU - there are two slots but again, only one GPU...sab)

GeForce 7800 GT (256 MB) Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GT (256 MB) 3D Accelerator nVIDIA GeForce 7800 GT Monitor Plug and Play Monitor [NoDB] (S17F100235) Monitor Sony CPD-300SFT [20" CRT] (7147121461)

Multimedia:

Audio Adapter nVIDIA MCP04 - Audio Codec Interface

Storage:

IDE Controller NVIDIA nForce4 Intel® Edition Parallel ATA Controller IDE Controller NVIDIA nForce4 Intel® Edition Serial ATA Controller

IDE Controller NVIDIA nForce4 Intel® Edition Serial ATA Controller

SCSI/RAID Controller NVIDIA nForce RAID Class Controller

SCSI/RAID Controller SCSI/RAID Host Controller SCSI/RAID Controller ST3300620AS

SCSI/RAID Controller ST3300622AS SCSI/RAID Controller ST3300622AS

SCSI/RAID Controller ST3300622AS

Floppy Drive Floppy disk drive

Disk Drive NVIDIA RAID5 838.38G (838 GB)

Disk Drive Maxtor 7Y250P0 (250 GB, 7200 RPM, Ultra-ATA/133)

Disk Drive Generic USB SD Reader USB Device Disk Drive Generic USB CF Reader USB Device (2000 MB, USB) Disk Drive Generic USB SM Reader USB Device Disk Drive Generic USB MS Reader USB Device

Optical Drive MA1455S KEE465N SCSI CdRom Device

Optical Drive SONY DVD RW DRU-810A

SMART Hard Disks Status OK

Partitions: X: (NTFS) 858489 MB (400289 MB free) X: (NTFS) 239366 MB (59962 MB free)

Total Size 1072.1 GB (449.5 GB free)

Edited by saburo

thing that pops out to me is your video....256 is not going to cut it......

and you have 2 pcie16 slots, so the mother board supports two video cards hooked toghether, but imho, with a 2.8gig procesor, you would be wasting money going this route, One good video card is going to make your processor work hard enough

Hopefully you will get more suggestions, so you can weigh everyones opionion,

personaly, i would go into cfs3config,,and disable scenery for mp.

And, not even sure if that will allow you to run at anything higher than 5-2-2-2-1

Did you do all the tweaks that are suggested for all the other cfs3config settings? (overides, textures)

Naturally, if a new video card is in the budget,,,,I would consider going that route...

but like i said,,,hopefully ppl with more knowledge will offer more suggestions.

thing that pops out to me is your video....256 is not going to cut it......

and you have 2 pcie16 slots, so the mother board supports two video cards hooked toghether, but imho, with a 2.8gig procesor, you would be wasting money going this route, One good video card is going to make your processor work hard enough

Hopefully you will get more suggestions, so you can weigh everyones opionion,

personaly, i would go into cfs3config,,and disable scenery for mp.

And, not even sure if that will allow you to run at anything higher than 5-2-2-2-1

Did you do all the tweaks that are suggested for all the other cfs3config settings? (overides, textures)

Naturally, if a new video card is in the budget,,,,I would consider going that route...

but like i said,,,hopefully ppl with more knowledge will offer more suggestions.

Thanks for the perspective and the suggestions, duck.

I've tried a few different tweaks, both in the workshop and with the Nvidia settings and what I have going on is the best I've seen - but I admit, I haven't tried every single different tweak out there.

My settings were 553351 but I just dropped ground stuff and density to 2 so I'll see how that works.

I'm plotting to update the GPU as well as upgrading other areas.

Primarily: GPU - old question but what would you or any other OFF player/gamer recommend GPU-wise? The conventional wisdon seems to be the Nvidia GTX280. Comments?

Secondarily: RAM - running at 2gigs. I can upgrade I believe to around 3 or so given the OS is 32bit - do you believe that would be money well spent?

And also: MB - would rather wait on this unless it's really the best way to go - the idea of re-building the system, while not un-doable, is daunting. That said, anyone wanna recommend a MB? I'm very happy with the Gigabyte except in terms of it being 5 years old now and possibly not quite up to what I would like it to be for uses which require a ton of processing speed - I also do a fair amount of video with this system and some aspects such as a better or cleaner preview of a video while editing and later quicker rendering to files would be nice.

Thanks!

-sab

Joker,

Sitting Duck...I think you were referring to Saburu, my framerate seemed ok. As a sidenote though, I did go in and do the tweaks to the FPS to set the maximum at 30fps, even though I notice it does go higher than that..Guess I am a little confused on this but it seems to be working ok.

oh,,,sorry joker, thout it was you getting the extremely low frame rate.........

but to answer your question about the fps, there are 2 settings for fps, one is for qc and campaihn, and another is for mp...did you do both?

saburo, I dont know enought about all the different mb's out there to make a suggestion. When i built mine, i went to newegg,,,i knew what i wanted my board to support, so i just selected all the options from thier list, and then looked at prices, and reviews...

you can make a wishlist there,,,,and put togher a couple different sytesm to compare prices..

As far as the video card, dont think you can go wrong with the gtx280. Now whether or not you will get the full potential of that card from your board/procesoor/memory is another question...

Memory is reasonalbe these days, but reseach what you are buying first,,,,,i was thrilled the memory i got was so affordable,,,but when i found out what the timing cycles are on it,,,now i know why it was so cheap,,,

But there are alot of people out there that know more about it then me...