Sign in to follow this  
Hauksbee

Choosing Multi-Player crashes CFS3

I'm trying to collaboarate with my friend Valen in California [where I used to live] in setting up my computer as a server so we can link up and fly together. Partly to stay in touch [with Teamspeak] and partly to get some on-line experience before I jump into the water with the rest of you sharks.

Problem is, when I choose Multi-Player, it starts to load, I get to see the blue dial, then, as the picture of the 'pilots leaving barracks' appears, I get the notice that CFS3 has stopped working. I've uninstalled both CFS3 and OFF and done a complete fresh installation and downloaded the 1.30 patch and the 1.30c

Valen tells me that I should arrive at a screen with several medals, and proceed on from there. Anyone know where I'm going wrong?

Myself and Fortiesboy had a similar problem.... we solved it by going into the Multiplayer options to configure..(it defaults at 56k..which we changed to T1) and it sorted the crash.

You could try running it from the CFS3MP.exe rather than OFF Manager?

I'm sure one of the online guru's will have a definitive answer for you!...good luck

Myself and Fortiesboy had a similar problem.... we solved it by going into the Multiplayer options to configure..(it defaults at 56k..which we changed to T1) and it sorted the crash.

You could try running it from the CFS3MP.exe rather than OFF Manager?

I'm sure one of the online guru's will have a definitive answer for you!...good luck

Same here for me, I still use the 'fix' by having an icon point direct to the CFS3MP.exe in OFF's setup.

Ask Axe, Stump, or Duck... they can help.

Hey... wait... Duck, Stump and Axe... all we need is BBQ and WE'RE EATIN' GOOD!!! :rofl:

Sorry about that.. :blink:

OvS

Same here for me, I still use the 'fix' by having an icon point direct to the CFS3MP.exe in OFF's setup.

Ask Axe, Stump, or Duck... they can help.

Hey... wait... Duck, Stump and Axe... all we need is BBQ and WE'RE EATIN' GOOD!!! :rofl:

Sorry about that.. :blink:

OvS

Why do I get he feeling that duck would get the short end of the stick in that deal! Besides, I hear he's pretty tough and stringy!

...we solved it by going into the Multiplayer options to configure...

Could you point me at this? I checked Workshops, but I'm not seeing anything there.

what???? am i on the menu again???

First on all,,,(damn i wish we could clear this up).....Multiplayer has been only going on strong for what...2 months now? None of us (no offense to anyone), are "Great" pilots, than anyone that doesnt have basic flying skills is gonna get creamed by.

Second, we really bend over backwards to run missions for new players that are "us", the humans,,,against "them" the ai......or just casual flying,,,following a river,,,formations etc, etc..

we play multiplayer for one reason,,to have fun, and make sure everyone else has fun too..

am sure that eventually it will faction off to more "competative" playing, but the fun will never come out of it..

that being said...

open explorer, and find your obd software/cfs3wwi over flanders fields directory and find your cfs3mp.exe.....if you only see cfs3 wit no extension, go to "tools" (at the top of your explorer), folder options, and select the view tab, and deselct the button that says "hide extensions for known file types" or something close to that...

Once you have found the cfs3mp.exe, right click on it,,,and select send to>desktop(create shortcut)

now start the game from the shortcut you have just made.

Hopefully, you will get to the point where you have the two medals,,,one mission, one multiplayer..

if you manage to get to this point,,,,then hit escape, and that should give you the hanger drop down, from that select the multiplayer options, and set internet to t1, and put a name in for yuourslef under call sign for lan player....

if none of this works for you, i hope to be on teamspeak around 8ish edt for a mp session. But we always put off playing to help a new player, so if you can get on, we will do whatever it takes to get you up and running...

just a quick thout,,,there is a security alert that windows gives alot of players when they try mp, unfortunaly, it is always behind the game window, and they dont get to see it.. Have you seen any alerts to block or unblock directgameplay8, or somthing close to that?

Edited by sitting_duck

open explorer, and find your obd software/cfs3wwi over flanders fields directory and find your cfs3mp.exe.....if you only see cfs3 wit no extension, go to "tools" (at the top of your explorer), folder options, and select the view tab, and deselct the button that says "hide extensions for known file types" or something close to that...

Once you have found the cfs3mp.exe, right click on it,,,and select send to>desktop(create shortcut)

now start the game from the shortcut you have just made.

...Have you seen any alerts to block or unblock directgameplay8, or somthing close to that?

I've got all of the above done. I found Multi-Player in CFS3 and set 56K to T1. I put a CFS3MP icon on the desktop. Somewhere along the line, [probably in CFS3] I did see a dialog box asking me if I wanted ti leave files blocked or not? I unblocked. Despite all this, Multi-Player crashes CFS3 regardless of whether I launch it from OFF or the Desktop CFS3 icon. 'Can't seem to get to the medals screen.

Is it possible to talk to you with TeamSpeak if I'm not in a multi-player game?

yes,,,me and ax are here now,,,,,

Oooops! Sorry Duck. Got called away from computer stuff and didn't log back on 'til this morn. Thus, I missed the last two postings, and your PM. But I appreciate the efforts. Upon checking, I find I have downloaded TeamSpeak, but not installed. I'll get that done straight off, and then take a fresh running start at getting on-line.

Hi

i am at work, so if you get teamspeak up and running, post the fact here, and maybe we can hook up....

will check the forum regularly...

...will check the forum regularly...

OK. The deed is done. Did a two-part install: Teamspeak 2 RC2 and Teamspeak 2 Server.

lol..ok,,,you only need the client,,,but its 7 here,,will get on and watch

server addres is 217.155.102.217:8767 (note colon befor 8767)

Logon name is whatever you chose

Password is camel

Edited by sitting_duck

if you are having any problems, and cant get on teamspeak. post here...

I get presented with an endless list of server addresses. Am I suppossed to find you in the list? Or am I missing the place to enter the address? This is terra incognita for me.

Edited by Hauksbee

your in the right server now,,,,all you have to do is hit self,,,and deselct away...there is also a text option,,,,hit channel,,and select send message to all,,type it in,,and hit ok

Did you get it sorted lads?

Did you get it sorted lads?

Yes and no. Teamspeak is up and running, thanks to Duck, with Saburo and Axegrinder kibbitzing from the sidelines. Multi-Player still crashes CFS3. Check the new thread: "Anybody recognize these?"

Edited by Hauksbee