Sign in to follow this  
christophe

Computer Configuration

I've just bought the game LOMAC and my question is what is the minimun configuration to play the game ?

Should I follow strictly what is mentioned in the handbook ? Does the game require a super powerful processor and graphic board ?

Let me know what is the average configuration

Processor ATHLON1600 + GE FORCE 2 64 MB is enough ?

Thank you in advance for your answer

Video card will probably have to get upgraded, 64MB is just a bit low for the way the game runs. Just mt guess.

i run 64 meg card just get away with playing it,

but have to turn eye candy down in order to play

I've just bought the game LOMAC and my question is what is the minimun configuration to play the game ?

Should I follow strictly what is mentioned in the handbook ? Does the game require a super powerful processor and graphic board ?

Hey Christophe and welcome to Biohaz

You should know that Lomac is probably one of the most demanding games around. All sims have a tendency to be harder on the CPU than most other types of games and Lomac is no exception. Besides from that it needs fully DirectX 8.1 compatible AND compliant graphics card to run. I am afraid that a geforce 2 isn't. The smallest fully compatible cards are AFAIK the 4-digit gforce cards: ie GForce4 TI4200.

Some ppl have had some succes with using below spec cards, such as gforce3 MX cards, if they turn things such as effects off but its not advisable as the developers clearly states that they will not support them and you probably wont be able to see things such as missile trails even if you get it to work.

Very few ppl can run the game in full detail even with the best hardware currently available so try to put together a system a good bit above the recommended minimum. If you only have limited funds i would recommend upgrading you graphics card first. The gforce TI4800se is a good card that can be bought on sale in many places since it has been replaced by the GforceFX series, but its still a good card. Other candidates might be cards such as the Radeon 9600.

If you want to know more there is usually allso a lively discussion on upgrades and vid cards on the Ubi boards: UBI boards Lomac general discussion