Sign in to follow this  
Check Six

Buzzing Big Ben in a Biff

Buzzing Big Ben in a Biff! :biggrin:

OK, so I cheated. If you look closely (you'll have to squint), you MIGHT just see the "London Eye" in the background.

I downloaded a freeware file of a Biff from PC Pilot Magazine, added it into M$ FSX, and there you have it.

Have flown under Tower Bridge, with a friend in MP travelling head on to me...was great fun....Then 'Took out' Nelson's Column!..hahaha

uncleal,

Thanks, I thought the London flights were only available to those who indulge in MP, and was only available as a downloadable MP mission.

I'll have to check it out.

I saw London from a SP campaign mission when 56 Squadron was resting in the UK. I fuelled up, left my squadron and followed the Thames up to London to take in the sights. Battersea Power Station looks odd though, I thought that wasn't built until 20s/30s?

I saw London from a SP campaign mission when 56 Squadron was resting in the UK. I fuelled up, left my squadron and followed the Thames up to London to take in the sights. Battersea Power Station looks odd though, I thought that wasn't built until 20s/30s?

Correct!

A history of the power-station, which is apparently still the largest brick building in Europe, is available here.

http://www.batterseapowerstation.org.uk/hist1.html

best

nio

mmitch10,

Is Battersea Power Station the one made famous on the cover for Pink Floyd's GREAT album "Animals" by tethering a huge inflatable pig between its four smoke stacks? Because I saw that when I was tooling around London that time and thought that it looked awfully familiar, and thought they modelled it well, for it immediately reminded me. (Of course, you thought it looked odd because of the time period it was displayed in).

Already had the CD in the portable CD player, so I fired it up in memory.

"The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want. He makes me down to lie. Through pastures green He leadeth me, the quiet waters by. With bright knives He releaseth my soul. He maketh me to hang on hooks in high places. He converteth me to lamb cutlets. For lo! He hath great power, and great hunger. When cometh the day we lowly ones, through quiet contemplation and great dedication, master the art of karate. Lo! we shall rise up, then we'll make the bugger's eyes water".

Edited by Steve Drew

Is Battersea Power Station the one made famous on the cover for Pink Floyd's GREAT album "Animals" by tethering a huge inflatable pig between its four smoke stacks? Because I saw that when I was tooling around London that time and thought that it looked awfully familiar, and thought they modelled it well, for it immediately reminded me. (Of course, you thought it looked odd because of the time period it was displayed in).

That's the one! It nice nicely modelled. I guess it's just stayed there from CFS3. It's fun to buzz around those chimneys!