Sign in to follow this  
airman_basic

Bug or something is not done right?

I'm new to LOMAC and still going through the training. I'm on the second mission of flying the A-10. In that mission, he teaches how to use the cannon and the rockets. Once the control is given back to me to use the rockets, the plane can't fire the rockets! It simply keeps firing only the 30mm cannon.

Here is what I do:

1)Press '7' to select the air-to-ground weapons

2)Press 'C' to choose either between the cannon or the rockets(I choose rockets)

3)Press 'Spacebar' when the pipper is on the target

Now, only the cannon fires :( Actually, similar problem occurs with other planes too. I can't fire missiles, but can fire only the cannon.

I've got the game patched to v1.02. Can you guys please help me?

P.S-Why can't I see all the topics posted in the forum? I can see only around 5-6 topics.

Enter fires missiles on the U.S. jets.

Now, only the cannon fires

I've got the game patched to v1.02.

...and you've answered your own question without realising it :biggrin:

Patch v1.02 changed the weapon firing for US jets apparently to make them more like the real-life US jets which have a dedicated trigger for cannon only. So with patch v1.02, spacebar fires cannon only, ENTER fires rockets, missiles, drops bombs. NOTE this affects US jets only!! In your Russian jets, Spacebar does everything.

P.S-Why can't I see all the topics posted in the forum? I can see only around 5-6 topics.

Go to the bottom of the page, you'll likely see it is only showing the last 30 days of posts.

Kinda quiet here these days for Lockon, you might consider visiting www.lockonfiles.com where the forums are a little busier, plus they have all the Lockon downloads you could want - Mods, skins, terrain, missions, campaigns, etc.

There's also the Devs site's forum http://forums.eagle.ru/index.php

Hey thanks a lot guys!! I've been reinstalling over and over again and downloading the v1.02 patch from every other server :D I'll try and let you guys know :)

@Brit radar dude-I'll surely try out the forum which you suggested. Thanks :D

LOMAC 1.00 is very different from LOMAC 1.02.In LOMAC 1.00,Space is a button to fire gun/release weapon at both US?RUS Fighter/Attacker. But in LOMAC 1.02,Space is a button to fire gun/release weapon AT RUSSIAN FIGHTER/ATTACKER ONLY! Enter now is a button to realese weapons at US Fighter/Attacker.