Sign in to follow this  
Vasco

Mission Builder- Manual?

Guys,

Is there a manual for the mission builder? I'm designing missions for online campaigns and the mission use the "OffDynamicWeather.xml" which is effected by the date of the active pilot used by the participants during the mission. This has lead to some interesting anomalies e.g. most of the formation are flying in beautiful June weather and one poor sod in is having his own wings rammed up his jacksy in the middle of a thunderstorm! :blink:

Is there a way of inserting the weather conditions into the mission file so everybody sees and experiences the exact same conditions and cloud formations, etc?

Vasco, just try using one of the many other weather files found in the sim. Something like "OFFFewFluffyScatteredClouds3.xml" should work very nicely I would think.

Cheers!

Lou

Guest British_eh

Unfortunately MB wan't really finessed for P3, as the Front lines have to be added from the Frontline date files. I haven't done it successfully yet. It seems that it will just be up to the members to post on the Mission Builder forum, your findings.

You can select the weather files when you go to the Briefing and Goals part of your Mission, second to last page. Scroll down menu to select weather.

RAF, once you put in the Frontlilnes from the P3 files, can you add you own little tweaks? Are they put in separately , or integrated with the FL files?

Cheers,

British_eh

Edited by British_eh

Yes British-eh, you can go directly into the file by opening it with Notepad and change pretty much anything you want. This is how I have gotten the missions I've created and posted here to work in P3. For instance, in the Zeps Over Paris mission, I re-wrote aircraft, squads, locations, waypoints, date, and weather all by using Notepad. Works slick. :smile:

Cheers!

Lou