Sign in to follow this  
Vasco

How is Dynamic Mission Weather Generated?

Hi guys,

This may be one for the Developers.

I'm designing an online co-operative capaign for the attendees of the 'Winston's Early Birds' multiplayer sessions on Sundays. The issue I'm having is ensuring that all online participants see exactly the same wheather conditions as each other. The missions I'm generating use the 'DynamicMissionWeather.xml' file to ensure that the conditions are correct for the date and area in which the mission takes place.

As the file is not downloaded from the host's PC, the weather conditions are dependant upon the career date of the individual's active pilot. Although this can be overridden in the individual settings in multiplayer before joining the game, there seems to be some variation in what the pilots see in game. This is especially frustrating when the formation is attempting to navigate its way through clouds and each member of the flight does not see the clouds in the same place.

Is there a method of ensuring that the weather conditions are exactly the same for each participant?

Regards,