Sign in to follow this  
Broadside uda Barn

Mac users?

I have a friend who has a new Mac and he wants to play OFF (after some encouragement :yes: ). He's got the MS emulator (or I think he has windows loaded on his mac, and this allows pc programs to work...? dunno for sure).

Anyways, any mac users here? Just wondering how it runs on your systems.

Thanks!

BuB

I don't know how well that would perform. I guess that depend heavily on the processor, video card and ram in his Mac plus how much overhead the emulator eats up. It would be worth him reading up on gaming performance in general of his PC emulator. If it's good in general, it'd probably be good for OFF too.

Hellshade

The newer MACs have some of the same equipment as PCs use...for a while in fact, one of the Mac laptops had the fastest NVIDIA video card available in a laptop...gaming or otherwise.

Boot Camp is basically running Windows XP on a Mac, it's not emulation, more like having a multiple boot option like a PC.

Also, Macs have USB ports, so using a modern joystick isn't a problem.

Basically, there isn't a problem with running most modern games on a Mac through XP and Boot Camp. However, it may be more problematic with an emulator...translation isn't always perfect and CPU cycles will be eaten up by the emulation process itself.

FC

Yes, I think he's using bootcamp, and he has an nvidia 9400 or 9600 I think. He's got a multi core processor. I think it's even an intel processor....He ordered a saitek EVO joystick for it...so I guess we'll know soon enough.

This is good to know, because if it works, there's a whole field of sim flyers with macs that can play OFF!