Sign in to follow this  
HomeBoy

TrackIR4 and old pedals to sell cheap

Since I bought TrackIR 5, I have my old TIR4 which I used for about three years. It is in perfect condition. I also have some old CH Pedals that I've converted to USB that have been sitting around since forever and would make a very nice step-up from a twisty or keyboard. (Description of the pedals follows).

I was going to put these items up on ebay but got to thinking how perfect they would be for someone playing OFF. I figured I'd like to keep them in the family, that way I could deal with questions about configuring them in the game, etc. I'm not looking to make any money on these, just would like to help lessen the blow to the TrackIR 5 purchase a little bit. A donation is mainly what I'm looking for on these so just make me an offer. I'd like to see them find a good home. I will sell them separately but I'd rather just drop both of them in a box and send them to a single address.

I'd rather not ship them outside the US. I hate to say that as I know a lot of you are outside the States but it is such a hassle shipping international that I'd rather not do that.

So, if you're interested, drop me an email (please don't PM me) at: mhf99 AT yahoo DOT com.

About TrackIR 4:

I will include the reflector clip (mounts on a baseball cap) with the unit itself. I will not include any software (unless you want me to) because you can just download it from www.naturalpoint.com and choose either version 4 or 5 of the software depending on your preference. Not much more to say about this except that it works perfectly and is in excellent condition. It's just been sitting here on top of my monitor for the last three years.

About the pedals:

CH used to make a set of GamePort (pre-USB) pedals that had only a rudder axis (i.e., no toe brakes). These do not slide like the Pro Pedals do but rather use the "toe brake action" as the rudder. That is, you pivot the left pedal down and move the rudder left, pivot the right pedal down to move the rudder right. Also, the pedals are very close together (because I suppose they were originally intended to be used for car racing games).

I have converted them to USB by taking apart a Logitech Attack 3 joystick and wired them up to use the X Axis (aileron roll) as the rudder. It's a bit strange in the sense that when you play a game that you want to use them as rudders, you will choose the device "Logitech Attack 3 USB" and select the "Axis X" or "Joystick Roll Axis" as the rudder pedals. That's really the only thing odd about them as they work just fine.

Here is a picture of them:

oldPedals.png

Here are instructions for setting them up in OFF. I've included these instructions so you can see what's involved and how they look inside the game. I am happy to help you set them up of course but if this looks like more trouble than it's worth, I wanted you to see the process before you contact me.

oldPedals.png

I'm a happy Homeboy customer. If you have any skepticism about the gameport to USB conversion you can set it aside. I have a Homeboy built custom lefty HOTAS that incorporates an old CH gameport force feedback stick that has been converted to USB. I also have several "extra" axes on my stick and throttle thanks to his cutomization. It's all worked fine for over two years of almost daily use. Homeboy knows his stuff and does quality work.

Homeboy, I have a friend (the one who has the mac), who is likely interested. I just fired an email off to him.

He's in CA, and 3 hours ahead of me, so it's too late for me to call. He'll likely email you in the morning.

Did you replace your pedals with saiteks or another type?

BuB

Homeboy, I have a friend (the one who has the mac), who is likely interested. I just fired an email off to him.

If Broadsides friend doesn't take the pedals, I will.

ps: or both if you'd like to do only one transaction.

Edited by Hauksbee

Just so you guys don't think I'm just ignoring you...

I received an email early this morning saying he wanted both these items. I am waiting to hear back from him as I promised to give him first dibs.

It's gone!

Sorry to everyone who responded that I had to turn away.

Homeboy,

The "package" arrived today! I will contact you if any problems arise. Thank you very much!