Sign in to follow this  
ordway

Mig-23UB cockpit tandem seat trainer/fighter with working UB HUD

Mig-23UB cockpit tandem seat trainer/fighter with working UB HUD

This is the Mig-23UB two seat trainer/fighter cockpit for Lindr2's masterful Mig-23UB.

The Mig-23UB was the Mig-23M's two-seat trainer. Production began in 1970 with about 1000 airframes. It has the Mig-23M HUD from Starfighter 2 and Lindr2, but has no radar as it apparently seemed too problematic to maintain in real life.

It was used for training and was heavily exported as some countries lost almost one fourth of their entire Mig-23 fleet to accidents. It had a backup fighter role...but without radar, it was limited.

It apparently kept the ASP-23D sight, the Kh-23 Delta-NM missile guiding equipment, the camera, and the R-3S and R-13M missiles for a limited anti-air capability.

It added, an AOA limiter and angle of attack indicator, the Poliot-1I-23 flight/navigation system with the SAU-23UB autopilot , a better failure warning system and a rear cockpit periscope were installed

Thanks to Nele for the optional alternate detailed UB flight model.

So the Mig-23UB usually had *no radar* on most airframes (some units might have retained radar).

It has a map, pencil and stopwatch for those precision approaches.

Oh...and why is 310 K/Hr plastered all over the cockpit- Read on!

From flying a two seat Mig-23: "Then we retracted flaps to take off position as he let me do the take off and fly around the pattern again. From the back on final all the instructor kept saying was 310 kilometers airspeed over and over."

http://www.warbirdsofdelaware.com/Airplane...87/Default.aspx

Directions:

1) Back up your Lindr2 Mig-23UB folder or download it first from:

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...p;showfile=9712.

2) Just download the whole filefolder Mig-23UB intact into your aircraft folder as one folder.

3) When asked to overwrite say yes.

-Finished!

4) OPTIONAL: Add Nele's alternate advanced Mig-23M flight model which is in the NeilFlightModel folder called MiG-23UB_data.ini. Just pop it in and overwrite when asked...back it up as always.

I personally strongly recommend it for getting an accurate feel of the Mig-23UB according to the published reports I have researched...but it is not for beginners.

Thanks to Lindr2 for all his sustained hard and dedicated work.

Thanks to Armourdave and Sal for the cockpit.

Thanks to Starfighter2 and Lindr2 for the HUD.

Not for payware.

Enjoy!

says file not found.

Can you re download it? I might have been adding a link.