Sign in to follow this  
cliff

Can I Safely Delete Simsound.dll?

When I boot up FS2004 I get a message reading:

"Flight Simulator has detected potentially incompatible aircraft or software.File SimSound.dll Do you want to load this software?"

I've searched and found it in:C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\Modules. Can I safely delete it? I'd appreciate advice.

I posted the above query in the Avsim Forum and received the following reply..

.................................................................................................................

I get that as well and have renamed it (as .bak) to stop it loading.Not sure where it came from though.>>>Edit. Just did a check and confirmed my thoughts. I've had it since I bought and installed the T-37 Tweet. It is a required file for that package but the developers are looking into it, there is a post on their forum.<mental note to remove .bak from end of file>

..........................................................................................................

As I can't find that post can somebody please confirm that I can safely delete SimSound.dll as I've also installed T37 Tweet

Cliff

I had that problem too, but it came from a download. Which plane are you using when you get that? if its a download, uninstall it. That should fix it.

[OLDMODULES]

FSSound.dll=1

ADF2mod.dll=1

add that to your FS9.cfg, check to make sure you don't already have an oldmodules section

Top_Gun thanks for the tip.

I found fs9.cfg in Flight Simulator 9\Aircraft\T-37V20\panel

As there was no Old Module included at the end I added

[Old Module]

FSSOUND.dll=1

ADF2Mod.dll=1

then saved the change.

However the same message is still being received on launching FS9

Thanks for the try though.

I'm loathe to uninstall the T-37 Tweet as she's a grand aircraft and well worth using.

Cliff

Cliff, that's not the right CFG file,

depends on your OS

For Windows XP users the fs9.cfg file is now located in Drive_Letter:\Documents and Settings\User_Name\Application Data\Microsoft\FS9.

This is a hidden folder by default so you need to modify the folder options via the control panel: go to the view tab and check the "Show hidden files and folders" option

For Windows 9x users the fs9.cfg file is located in Drive_Letter:\Windows\Application Data\Microsoft\FS9

If you access this file often, you may wish to run a shortcut to it on either your desktop, or in the main Flight Simulator 9 folder.