Sign in to follow this  

I'm a newbie here at the forum and i'm wondering when I use LOMAN to add new F-15C skins to LOMAC why it overwrites the first skin in the .cdds file. Is there any way to stop this from happening, ie to keep all the original skins as well as the new ones? PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!! :wacko::unsure:

at the moment its not possible to "just add" new skins. Each time you install a skin it overwrites an existing one. That is one of the reasons that Loman is such a great utillity: It lets you remove user-installed skins as easy as you add them.

The option to add skins and keep the ones you allready have may be added in a future patch but as yet there is no word on that. Many have wished for it so i'm sure the developers know of the communitys wishes in this regard but its probably not high on the priority list atm

I am also a noob to this forum and also loman, so if someone could clear something up for me it would be appreciated.

1] After installing new skins using loman I dont seem to be able to use them in game. Are they only available in mission builder or can I use them in campaigns etc. For example I would like to use the A10 desert skin....how would I do this.

2] Secondly how do you change the HUD colour.

Many thanks guys

Ghecko

Welcome to Biohaz Ghecko!

You can use the custom skins in any mission or campaign.

Each mission has a certain "default" skin assigned to it by the one who created the mission. This will allmost never be one of the desert skins as the theatre of operations is not a desert theatre. So...I assume you can use Loman to add the skins. Otherwise just try to fool around with it: Its pretty self-explanatory.

Next step is changin the skin for the particular mission that you want to fly. It is the same procedure no matter if it is a single mission or a campaign.

1): Open the mission or campaign

2):Click the airplane symbol or any of the waypoints for your plane. This opens a menu on the right side of the screen.

3): On the top right click "payload". You are now taken to the payload screen

4): On the bottom left select the skin you want.

Click the disc icon on the top left (or select save from the menu) if you want to save the changes you hav made.

Then click "FLY"

To change the HUD color click alt-h (repeatedly) when you are in the cockpit. You can't select a new default color so you will have to change it manually each time you start a mission